Traveling for history? Montgomery, Alabama is the perfect destination to experience! The home of the first lady of civil rights, iconic music figures, well-known writers, artists and more! This city is sure to please the history buff and all other types of travelers.
With local Universities, Air Force Base, shopping, golf, and family fun nearby, Red Roof inn Montgomery – Midtown is the ideal home base for your travels. A comfortable stay at a comfortable price awaits you. Fuel up with a free continental breakfast before hitting downtown shopping, dining and live entertainment. Stay with us!
- Learn more about the lives of F. Scott and Zelda Fitgeralds, writers and artists, at the Fitzgerald Museum (1.7 miles).
- Visit the Hank Williams Museum (3.4 miles) and learn about one of the most powerful iconic figures in American Music.
- Love the arts, explore the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts, 5 mi. away.
- The first lady of civil rights and the mother of the freedom movement, Rosa Parks, was a leader with great depth to her. See for yourself at the Rosa Parks Museum! Only 4.4 miles away.
- Visit the White House of the Confederacy, only 2.5 miles away. Then march over to the street where the 1965 Voting Rights March ended, in front of the Alabama State Capitol, only 0.2 miles away from the House. Then it’s a 2-minute walk to get to the Civil Rights Memorial for fallen soldiers.
Event Centers and Theaters:
- Enjoy the beautiful views right outside of the Alabama Shakespeare Festival Theater before going inside to enjoy a wonderful theatrical production. 5 mi. away.
- The Garrett Coliseum hosts family entertainment all year long! The Montgomery Convention Center hosts meetings and conferences. Stay less than 5 miles away.
- Watch race cars pave through the raceway at the Montgomery Motorsports Park, only 5.5 miles away.
- Experience a home game of the Montgomery Biscuits at the Riverwalk Stadium.
- Come and see all of your favorite animals at the Montgomery Zoo and Mann Wildlife Learning Museum! Only 4.0 miles away!
- Downtown Montgomery is only 2.6 miles away and it has much to offer. Take a stroll through all the activities available to you less than 3 miles away.
- Come visit a village made up of completely authentic 19th and 20th century buildings at Old Alabama Town. This outdoor history museum is only 3.2 miles away.
- Not sure where to eat when staying at our Red Roof property? There’s Dominos Pizza, Country’s Barbeque, Taco Bell, Captain D’s, McDonalds, Zaxby’s, Waffle House, Gail’s Down the Street Café, La Zona Rosa Mexican Restaurant, Starbucks, Panera Bread, and Applebees only a mile or less away!
Colleges, Universities & Military Bases:
- Looking to visit some colleges while you’re in the area? The following are schools less than 8 miles away: Alabama State University(1.8 miles), Huntingdon College (1.8 miles), Troy University’s Montgomery Campus (2.5 miles), Faulkner University (6.2 miles), and Auburn University at Montgomery (7.3 miles).
- Maxwell Air Force Base is only 6.1 miles away! Whether traveling on leisure, as a government contractor, official business or military friends & family, click here for our 10% military discount.
This family-friendly, pet-friendly, newly-renovated and affordable hotel is the perfect place to stay to experience all that Montgomery has to offer. Our hotel also offers flat screen TVs, new modern flooring, and more. Enjoy free WiFi, a seasonal outdoor pool (Memorial Day – Labor Day) and a gazebo and family barbecue area. If you are planning to fly out from Montgomery Regional Airport, shorten your commute to under 11 miles when you stay with Red Roof Inn Montgomery – Midtown. Book now!
Safe travels and happy adventures!