This December, Red Roof is celebrating 31 days of holiday travel by providing a fun travel tip, activity, event or just a popular city to visit during the holiday season. Each day, you can find the different activity posted on our homepage of redroof.com. Throughout this month, I will also be capturing a few of our events into my weekly blog posts.
This post, I will be writing about must-see holiday parades, historic village events and holiday runs that you don’t want to miss. These events are perfect for a little winter getaway and they are fun to attend for the whole family!
Christmas Parades: You can find many fun holiday themed parades that take place in December including the following:
- MINNEAPOLIS HOLIDAZZLE PARADE (Nov. 25 – Dec. 23)
- MICKEY’S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY (Nov. 7 – Dec. 22)
- TULSA CHRISTMAS PARADE (Dec. 10)
- Click here for a larger list of cities to visit for parades.
Historic Village Christmas Events can be found throughout many small towns, including some of the following:
- JAMESTOWN’S A COLONIAL CHRISTMAS DECEMBER 1-31
- A Colonial Christmas” at Jamestown Settlement and American Revolution Museum at Yorktown offers a glimpse of 17th- and 18th-century holiday traditions. Book your stay at Red Roof Inn Yorktown.
- CHRISTMAS IN WILLIAMSBURG DECEMBER 1-31
- Discover all that Busch Gardens Christmas Town and Colonial Williamsburg have to offer. Feel free party like it’s 1699 this holiday season. Book your stay at Red Roof Inn Williamsburg.
- SAINT CHARLES CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS
Winter Holiday Runs: Whether running for hot chocolate or dressed in a Santa costume, these are runs you will actually enjoy!
- ATLANTA GA CHRISTMAS 5K RUN/WALK Dec. 17th
- DALLAS, TEXAS HOT CHOCOLATE 15K Feb. 4th, 2017
- JINGLE BELL RUN/WALK December 14, Westlake Center
- AZ SANTA RUN Glendale, AZ December 19th
- Click here for more runs to participate in!
Stay tuned for more events to follow.
Safe travels, happy adventures and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!