Wichita, Kansas will always keep you entertained no matter the time of year with their many shopping districts, art galleries, museums, attractions and award-winning cultural opportunities. Either plan a relaxing getaway or an exciting adventure! While in Wichita, make sure to check out these top attractions below:
- Keeper of the Plains Plaza: View the 44 foot tall sculpture known as the Keeper of the Plains, located at the point where the Big and Little Arkansas Rivers join together in Downtown Wichita. This sacred ground also houses the All-American Indian Center.
- Sedgwick County Zoo: Sedgwick County Zoo is one of the best zoos in the USA and houses more than 400 different species including lions, river otters, reptiles and more!
- 81 Speedway: Enjoy a day of excitement and thrill while watching weekly dirt track auto racing events at 81 Speedway!
- Shopping: Shop for the latest fashion trends at Bradley Fair at Wilson Estates, which offers over 50 specialty retailers, dining options and is surrounded by gardens, fountains & walking paths or Towne East Square, an enclosed, two-story shopping mall.
- Botanica: The Wichita Gardens– View the many beautiful gardens open year-round at the Botanica: The Wichita Gardens, including a butterfly house, Chinese garden, greenhouse and more!
- Kansas Star Casino: Test your luck on the slot machines and table games or enjoy dining and live entertainment at Kansas Star Casino.
- Concert halls, Entertainment & Multipurpose venues: Enjoy concerts, theatrical performances, sporting events, family entertainment and more at the following venues: Hartman Arena, Orpheum Theatre, The Cotillion, Music Theater of Wichita, and Intrust Bank Arena.
- Lawrence Dumont Stadium: Tour or catch a game at the home field of the Wichita Wingnuts independent baseball team.
- Wichita State University: Visit a family member, your alma mater, explore the campus, or check out a sporting event at Wichita State University.
- Old Cowtown Museum: Travel to a different reality, back to 1865-1880. See all the artifacts, daily activities, educational programs and more from that time period.
- Exploration Place Exploration Place: At this science museum, explore hands-on exhibits for flight, home, health, nano and more.
- Museum of World Treasures: See dinosaurs, mummies and more!
- More Museums: Other museums to visit are the Great Plains Transportation Museum, Kansas Sports Hall of Fame, the Great Plain Nature Center, where you can experience streams, wetlands, an aquarium and interactive learning.
- The Alley Indoor Entertainment: Enjoy bowling, go karts, a laser maze, pizza, and an arcade. The perfect place to take your family on a rainy day.
- Kansas Coliseums: The premium event venue for agri-events and agri-entertainment including concerts, rodeos, car/truck shows, canine events, equestrian events & more.
- Century II Convention Center: For performing arts, entertainment, trade shows, banquets, & more, check out the Century II Convention Center.
- Wichita Convention and Visitors Bureau– If you’re a foodie, you are in luck! Wichita has over 1,000 diverse dining options to choose from! For information on all the restaurants, local attractions, shopping, events and more, visit the VisitWichita Visitor Information Center located on the east side, lower level of WaterWalk Place.
While in Wichita, make sure to get the most out of your travel experience by staying at the budget friendly and pet friendly Red Roof Inn Wichita- Park City. This hotel offers an indoor pool, complimentary continental breakfast between the 6:30AM and 9:30AM, flat screen TV, free WiFi and many other amenities. Easy access to I-135 makes it an optimal stopping point for travelers.
Safe travels and happy adventures!