Louisville, Kentucky is a beautiful city with thriving arts and culture, acclaimed parks, rivers to boat, fish and swim in, the place of the famous Kentucky Derby, many museums for learning and hands on fun, great dining options and great entertainment all around, making it not only a great place to visit during the fall, but a great place to visit during all the seasons! When in Louisville, make sure to check out these top attractions:
- Louisville Zoo– Visit One of the region’s most popular family attractions! See exhibits like Gorilla Forest, African Petting Zoo, Glacier Run, Australian Outback and more!
- Churchill Downs– Watch an exciting race at this thoroughbred racetrack best known for holding the Kentucky Derby or take a tour the Derby Museum.
- Don’t forget to explore Museum Row, which houses 10 original attractions within 4 walk-able blocks
- Frazier History Museum– This museum houses more than 1000 years of history.
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory– Take a tour of the factory, personalize a bat, and learn the history behind the bat and family company that still creates it.
- Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft– A contemporary art museum.
- Kentucky Science Center– An interactive and engaging science museum with big screen science movies. Fun for the whole family!
- KentuckyShow!– A big screen science theater in the Kentucky Science Center that explores Kentucky’s past, present and future.
- Louisville Glassworks– Explore this museum for their fine arts, tours, glass blowing demos and activities.
- Muhammad Ali Center– The Muhammad Ali Center is an award-winning museum dedicated to telling Muhammad Ali’s life story.
- The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts– Watch a concert, musical, dance or many other types of performing arts at this theater.
- Evan Williams Bourbon Experience– An artisanal distillery that has guided tours, bourbon tastings and more!
- 21 C Museum Hotel– Provides southern hospitality, dining, and a unique art museum.
- KFC Yum! Center– This multipurpose arena holds sporting events, concerts, comedy shows and other forms of entertainment.
- Kentucky Exposition Center- The center hosts exhibitions, conventions, trade shows, public gatherings, cultural activities and other functions.
- Falls of the Ohio State Park: This large, naturally exposed, 390-million-year-old fossil bed is located on the banks of the Ohio River.
- Louisville Waterfront Park– Catch one of the many events hosted at this park, from concerts to festivals. This beautiful, nationally acclaimed park is a great place to get away from the busy city and walk around on the trails located right on the Ohio River.
- Belle of Louisville– Go on an Ohio River excursion with dinner provided on this oldest operating steamboat in the United States and a National Historic Landmark.
- Waverly Hills Sanatorium– Take a tour of this former TB hospital known as one of the most haunted places on earth.
When in Louisville, make sure to get the most of your travel experience by staying with us at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair and Expo, Red Roof Inn Louisville East – Hurstbourne and Red Roof Inn Louisville Expo Airport.
Safe travels and happy adventures!