Houston, Texas is a great place to vacation too for the museum lover, sports fanatic and shopping lover! The city has NASA’s Johnson Space Center, beautiful parks, gardens, zoos, big sporting events like football, racing, or basketball and they are filled with many shopping centers!
- Space center Houston; the visitor center of NASA’s Johnson Space Center– The center features more than 400 space artifacts like the world’s largest collection of moon rocks and lunar samples, a theater related to the exciting future and past events of America’s human space-flight program, and go behind the scenes and see the NASA Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center.
- Museum of Fine Arts– view the collections and art exhibits in one of the largest museums in the US. The site hosts two gallery buildings, a
sculpture garden, movie theater, and more!
- Museum of Natural Science– Visit one of the Top 10 most attended museums in the US! View the planetarium, chemistry hall, energy hall,African wildlife hall, coastal ecology, paleontology, earth forum, Egypt, the Cockrell Butterfly Center and more!
- Children’s Museum of Houston– A fun and interactive learning experience made for kids with 18 fun-filled exhibits!
- Holocaust Museum Houston-The 4th largest Holocaust memorial museum in the US. View the permanent exhibit, “Bearing Witness: A Community Remembers,” which focuses on the stories of Holocaust victims and survivors, starting with life before the holocaust, the rise to power of Hitler and the Nazi’s, disruption of life, concentration camps, and then extermination. View the historic artifacts, films, photographs, and more.
- Battleship Texas– Battleship Texas took part in significant battles during the 20th century and now serves as a memorial where you can walk the decks and explore the battleship on your own or on a guided tour.
- San Jacinto Battlegrounds– Ride the elevator 489 feet above the battleground to the monument’s observation floor and view the battleground, the city of Houston, and one of the busiest seaports below.
- Gerald D Hines Waterwall Park– A 64-foot semicircular sculptural fountain with a waterfall down the structure’s walls found right by the Williams Tower in the Uptown District of Houston.
- Houston Ship Channel/ Port of Houston– A 25 mile long economic engine that has grown to be one of the world’s busiest ports for import and export etc.
- Mercer Arboretum and Botanical Gardens – A beautiful park along Cypress Creek which showcases piney woods and the region’s largest collection of native and cultivated plants and wildlife.
- Downtown Aquarium– This public aquarium is more than just an aquarium! Experience fine dining, a small amusement park, and a tank filled with over 200 species of aquatic life around the globe at this aquarium!
- Houston Zoo– Feed the giraffes, view the carnivore exhibit, bird exhibit, aquarium, sea lions, gorillas and more!
Sporting events/Stadiums and Concert Venues/Raceways:
- Minute Maid Park– Catch a game at the ballpark that houses the Houston Astros Major League Baseball team.
- NRG Stadium– View the only rodeo and NFL indoor/outdoor retractable roof, natural grass stadium used for games, exhibits, concerts, and more.
- Toyota Center– Catch a Houston Rockets Basketball game or a concert at this indoor arena.
- Miller Outdoor Theater– An outdoor theater for the performing arts that hosts concerts, events and more!
- Sam Houston Raceway– A horse racing track, dining and entertainment destination.
- Gleannloch Farms Golf Course– A beautiful, semi-private 27-hole golf club
Shopping, Dining, Drinking and Entertainment/Amusements:
- Galleria– A very popular tourist destination. Texas’ largest fine shopping center with 400 stores and restaurants, two high-rise hotels, and three office towers. The Galleria also houses a full-size ice rink, a children’s play area, two swimming pools, national and international banks, tailor shops, beauty salons, and a post office.
- Town & Country Village–A beautiful and upscale shopping center with gardens, fountains, luxury brand retailers, boutiques, spas, fine dining and more!
- Bayou place– A great place to go for some amazing dining and entertainment including Sundance Cinemas, Hard Rock Cafe, The Bayou Music Center and more! Located right in the heart of downtown’s Theater District.
- Kemah Boardwalk– This boardwalk hosts a theme park, waterfront restaurants, stores, festivals and seaside shows every day!
- Anheuser-Busch– Take a tour and tasting at America’s favorite brewery. See how the beers are crafted with the finest ingredients by following the steps of the entire brewing process.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild SplashTown– Houston’s largest and most diverse water park, featuring more than two million gallons of summer fun and exciting water slides.
When in Houston, get the most out of your travel experience by staying at one of the nearby, budget-friendly and pet friendly Red Roof Inns below:
- Red Roof PLUS+ Houston – Energy Corridor
- Red Roof Inn Houston – IAH Airport
- Red Roof Inn Houston – Westchase
- Red Roof Inn Houston – Brookhollow
- Red Roof Inn Houston East
Safe travels and happy adventures!