Whether you’re a Seattle Seahawks fan or a New England Patriots fan, you can both enjoy your time and travel in Glendale, Arizona! Make a vacation of your stay- don’t just attend the NFL Super Bowl, see all the attractions surrounding the area! Here are some great attractions to check out around Glendale:
- Gila River Arena (formerly known as the Jobing.com Arena)– Enjoy a hockey game, a concert, or some other form of entertainment at the arena!
- Camelback Ranch– Visit this stadium in Phoenix, Arizona, known for being the spring training homes of the Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox!
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Phoenix– Enjoy the largest theme park in the state of Arizona! Ride the water slides and relax in the lazy river or wave pool! (Opens in March, so plan on going here next time you visit!)
- Luke Air Force Base– Visit the world’s largest fighter-pilot training facility! The base is home to more than 300 aircraft, and many of its 8,000 personnel can be seen zipping through the sky daily.
- Challenger Space Center– Experience simulated space flight missions, space camps, an indoor planetarium, and more at this museum! Fun for the whole family!
- Hot Air Expeditions, Inc.– Hot air balloon rides over the beautiful Arizona desert!
- Wildlife World Zoo & Aquarium & Safari Park– Visit Arizona’s largest collection of exotic animals at this zoo with over 6,000 individual animals representing more than 600 exotic and endangered species-You can also feed the giraffes at this zoo!
- Cerreta Candy Company– Buy some delicious candies or go on a tour of this family-owned candy factory and see how caramel becomes wrapped into tasty treats as well as learn how cream centers are enclosed in chocolate.
- Glendale Xeriscape Botanical Garden– A beautiful garden with 1,000 varieties of desert plants on 4 acres. Open every day with no charge!
- Glendale Chocolate Affaire–Chocoholics will love this super-sweet Glendale, Arizona free event held on January 30-31 at Murphy Park in Downtown Historic Glendale. Chocolate purveyors from Arizona and around the nation will gather at the festival celebrating not only chocolate, but romance and the arts as well.
Hiking Trails and Tours
- Thunderbird Conservation Park– A park dedicated to the conservation of the desert area with a series of trails that spans around 20 miles. Enjoy hiking, horseback riding, bird watching and biking.
- Grand Canal Linear Park– Enjoy walking, horseback riding or biking on this 3.25-mile long linear trail that runs along the Grand Canal.
- Desert Voyagers Guided River Trips– Kayaking, rafting and stand-up paddle board guided tours.
- White Tank Mountain Regional Park– 21 miles of beautiful hiking and biking trails at all levels of difficulty-make sure to check out the Waterfall Trail!
- Arizona Scenic Tours– Custom guided personalized day trips and multiple excursions throughout Arizona to all of the best destinations including the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Prescott, Tombstone, Phoenix area. Enjoy Winery tours, jeep tours, horseback riding, lake cruises and more!
Flying out of Seattle to get to or from Glendale by chance? Our Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport – SEATAC has a great park and fly offer, going to or coming home from the game!