Columbus, Ohio is a great city that is filled with many great dining places, entertainment, sports, shopping and so much more . There are so many great things to do and see around Columbus that you can never get bored! Here are 11 top things to do and see in Columbus, Ohio:
- The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium– Not only are they the number 1 zoo, but they also have a great, new African exhibit where you can feed the giraffes and a polar bear exhibit where you can go underground and watch the bears swim. During December, they have amazing Christmas lights strung up all around the Zoo and a cool light show. During the summer, ride one of the many water slides at the water park, Zoombezi Bay, or relax in the lazy river.
- Ohio State University– Catch a Buckeye game or concert at The Shoe or the Schottenstein Center. You don’t want to miss the 2-day Buckeye Country Super Fest this summer on June 20-21 at the Ohio Stadium where the biggest stars in Country music are going to perform! When walking around the campus, make sure to see the The Oval, The Ohio Union, the 11-story Thompson library, or the RPAC. Experience the atmosphere and participate in a festive tailgate before a game. Not to mention that the Bucks are now National Champions!
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream– This awesome ice cream shop is a Columbus, Ohio start up! You can get unusual and unique flavors here and it is absolutely delicious! Try the salty caramel or the pistachio & honey flavor. If you can’t decide on the flavor, just sample them all!
- Easton Town Center– There are many great malls around Columbus, but one of the best and biggest malls here is the Easton Town Center! Easton is a huge shopping center with an indoor mall area and outside outlets all around. They have a movie theater inside and a comedy restaurant called The Funny Bone. They have delicious restaurants all around, like Abuelo’s, where they are known for their fajitas for two. During Valentine’s Day at Easton, they have horse and carriage rides. At night, their outside shopping area is all lit up in lights and there is a beautiful fountain in the center of it all.
- Columbus Clippers Games– During baseball season, it is always a great time to go to the Huntington Park for a Clippers game with all your friends, especially during Dime-a-Dog night or Buck-a-Bone night!
- Arena District– The Arena District has many fun things to do and see. Catch a Blue Jackets games at the Nationwide Arena. You don’t want to miss the 2015 Honda NHL All-Star Game that takes place at the Nationwide Arena on January 24th! During the week of the All-Star Game, they also have a ton of activities like ice skating, a gigantic snow slide, and a fair! They also have great restaurants and bars around the area, like Buca di Beppo, an Italian restaurant where huge, family style dishes are shared and where there are many different and unique dining rooms inside. After a game, stop by The Big Bang Bar: Dueling Pianos, where you get to listen to two piano players sing and play great music while people sing and dance along.
- Downtown / Short North– Overall, the Downtown/Short North area is a great place to shop and dine. Take a stroll along the beautiful Scioto Mile, where they have many festivals during the summer, like the Columbus Arts Festival. Check out the North Market, where there are places to eat from all around the world and where they also host many festivals and activities during the summer, like a beer and wine tasting fest and Drive-In movies. Also, catch a play/musical at the Ohio Theater or the Palace Theater.
- COSI– A great family place to go is the COSI science center. It is a fun and interactive science museum where they have games and activities that help you learn. Some of their exhibits include a life and human body exhibit, a space exhibit and an ocean life exhibit. They also, however, hold a 21 and up event every month called COSI after Dark where they have bars on each floor. You don’t want to miss the star show in the planetarium or a National Geographic movie on the big IMAX screen.
- Ohio State Fairgrounds / The Columbus Crew– During the summer, the Ohio State Fairgrounds hosts the Ohio State Fair where there is great food, entertainment, animals, rides, shopping, art and so much more. They also host a variety of events throughout the year at the Expo Center. The fairgrounds are right next to the Columbus Crew Stadium where you can watch the Columbus Crew dominate in soccer or catch a concert, which is sometimes held there.
- German Village – This is a nice area to walk around or grab a bite to eat! Definitely check out The Thurman Cafe, which was on Man v. Food! They have amazing and huge burgers. If you are a burger lover, then you definitely have to try this place.
- Hollywood Casino Columbus– The largest, Vegas style casino in Columbus! You can test your luck and win big here!
There are also many Red Roof Inn‘s in and around Columbus! Get more out of your travel experience by staying with us. Not to mention, this is where our corporate headquarters are.