Pharr, Texas is a fantastic city to go to on a family adventure! With tons of family friendly attractions including over a dozen museums, a renowned zoo, a fun waterpark and more, you are sure to create unforgettable memories with the ones you love.
To get the most out of your family vacation, stay at affordable and family-friendly Red Roof Inn Pharr-McAllen. We are conveniently located off of S. Hwy 281, two blocks away from the Convention Center, and within five miles of restaurants, cinemas, shopping, hospitals, and University of Texas Pan American.
Red Roof Inn Pharr – McAllen offers contemporary furniture, a flat screen TV, new bathrooms with granite countertops, modern flooring, free WiFi and more! One family pet per room stays free. Experience our outdoor pool and continental breakfast including Belgian waffles & free coffee-house style coffee & tea in the lobby. Book now!
Must-See Nearby Attractions and Activities Include:
Entertainment & Sporting Events:
- Play a round of golf at beautiful, 18-hole golf courses like Los Lagos Golf Club (5 miles) and Tierra Del Sol Golf Course (6.7 miles). Clear your mind on the green.
- For sports, concerts, family entertainment & more, check out Pharr Events Center, 1 mile away, (click here for the event schedule) & State Farm Arena, 10 miles away (click here for the event schedule).
The Great Outdoors:
- Visit McAllen Nature Center (9 miles) for nature trails & free programs.
- Visit Anzalduas Park (17 miles) for picnic areas, bird watching & canoeing along the border.
- vISIT Bentsen-Rio Grande State Park (16 miles), a world-class destination for bird watching that has exhibits & a gift shop, butterfly gardens, a tram shuttle through the park, trails, observatory tower & more.
- Zone Action Park, 8.4 miles away, is a family venue featuring Go Karts, Mini Golf, Batting Cages, Bounce Houses, Arcade, Birthday Party Rooms and more.
Museums & Shrines:
- The International Museum of Art & Science (3.5 miles away) is devoted to promoting a deeper understanding of arts and science through their exhibits.
- The Basilica of Our Lady of San Juan del Valle is a National Shrine devoted to Our Lady of San Juan del Valle (4.4 miles away).
Shopping & Dining:
- La Plaza Mall (5.5 miles) is the premier shopping destination in the Rio Grande Valley and has more than 150 specialty retailers. For a list of other nearby shopping locations, click here.
- There are many great local dining options nearby that range from fine dining to local pubs. For the best dining locations in McAllen, click here.
Colleges & Universities:
- Visit a family member, explore the campus, attend a sporting event and more at the South Texas College (6 miles away) or The University of Texas Pan America (5.7 miles).
We are also just 7 miles away from the McAllen/Miller International Airport!
Safe travels and happy adventures!