Whether traveling for sports, events, Rock n’ Roll, nature, top chef restaurants and more, Cleveland has it all! From the Cleveland Indians, to the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, The Cuyahoga trail, Restaurants by Micheal Simon – this city is definitly a bucket list destination.
Rock N’ Roll:
- Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Legends of Rock, Elvis – Rock & Roll prodigies! Adjacent to theFirstEnergy Stadium is the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, a nonprofit organization aimed to inspire through the power of rock and roll.
- Experience the Quicken Loans Arena (AKA The Q), home of the Cavaliers, the AHL Lake Erie Monsters and the AFL Cleveland Gladiators. Home of the 2018 MAC Men’s Basketball Tournament Finals March 8-10 and 2018 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships March 15-17!
- Want to check out the Dawg Pound to see the Cleveland Browns? Travel to Cleveland during football season for a home game and check out other year round events. We’re 11 miles away from First Energy Stadium. Click here for the 2017 schedule.
- Head over to Progressive Field and catch a home game of the MLB’s Cleveland Indians!
- Enjoy Lake Erie Crushers Baseball for a great day out on the town without the Major League price tag.
- Spend a whole day at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo! This 183-acre zoo has exhibits like the Australian Adventure, The RainForest, and the African Savanna.
- Come visit A Christmas Story House – The original “A Christmas Story House” from the beloved film.
- Plan a fun night out with your family or friends at Sky Zone! Fun for all ages!
- Open year round! Bring the family and come enjoy the safe family-friendly atmosphere at Winterhurst Ice Rink.
- Come experience the world known Cedar Point! Check out the 18 world-class roller coasters that this park features. Next cool off at Soak City Waterpark when open during the warmer months. Just a short drive away.
- Explore one of the oldest and longest scenic railroads in the country! Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad is only 1.5 miles away from us! Buy a ticket and enjoy a ride through the beautiful landscapes of Cuyahoga Valley National Park!
- Visit Huntington Reservation Beach & enjoy swimming, hiking, fishing, tobogganing and sledding.
- Bradley Woods Reservation offers similar activities & relaxation, filled with deep forests.
- Headlands Beach State Park offers swimming, fishing, and picnicking– tables and grills are provided! During the colder months, enjoy sledding and cross-country skiing.
- Any time of the year – visit the Holden Arboretum. Go on a quick tour or if you have some time, follow the trails of the Old Valley or Pierson Creek.
- Visit the Chagrin River Park! Go for a hike, play some volleyball or go sledding! Lake
- Metroparks Farmpark offers events that are going on year round.
- Visit the Black River Reservation, featuring the Bridgeway Trail and the Steel Mill Trail.
- Visit the Sandy Ridge Reservation, a wetland and wildlife preserve.
- Visit Lakeview Park, known for its Historical Rose Garden and views of the Lorain Lighthouse. Also, enjoy swimming, lawn bowling, volleyball, picnicking and more!
Conventions & Event Centers:
- The International Exposition Center (the I-X Center) hosts big events like I-X Trick or Treat Street (Oct 21st – 22nd, Oct 28th-29th).
- Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland hosts events year-round. Make sure to check the calendar!
Top Dining Experiences:
- While in town, grab a bite to eat at one of Iron Chef Winner, ichael Symon’s restaurants. Want something fancier? Check out Lola on East 4th Street, or if you want a delicious burger there is B Spot inside the Horseshoe Casino. Also try Lolita over in Tremont.
- The House of Blues is the intersection of food, music and art! Just 9.1 miles away, travel down to East 4th Street and experience a mix of American and international meals or listen to your favorite artist perform.
- Stop at the Willoughby Brewing Company! Try unique beers such as the Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Porter, Moondance IPA, and MANY others. Grab a bite to eat and check out ongoing events.
- NASA Glenn Research Center tours are available April – October. Reserve your spot up to 30 days in advance of your visit!
- The Great Lakes Science Center is like an amusement park for your mind! Hundreds of hands-on exhibits and a six-story OMNIMAX Theater!
- Visit and explore the life of James A. Garfield! View the exhibits in the 1894 CarriageHouse, take a guided tour of the home, and enjoy the peaceful surrounding grounds by having a picnic or walking the paths.
BASEBALL HERITAGE MUSEUM – Experience the stories, photographs, letters, programs, uniforms & more from the Latin, Caribbean, Industrial, Barnstormer, Negro and Women’s leagues that helped shape the history of the great American pastime.
- Shop and dine at Crocker Park. Dozens of shops and a ton of dining options await you–fast food, casual, or fine dining. It’s all here! Check out upcoming events that take place during your visit.
- Lorain Palace Theater is a historic theater that features performing arts including concerts and plays. Click here for the schedule of events.
- The Stocker Arts Center offers entertainment and educational experiences through performances, the arts, and educational events. Click here for the calendar of events.
Colleges, Universities & Training Centers:
- Visit your alma mater, family, or have a meeting on campus at Baldwin Wallace University, Cleveland State University, Cleveland Institute of Art, Cleveland Institute of Music and Case Western Reserve University! Found right in Cleveland.
- Visiting someone that is at SPIRE Institute? “SPIRE Institute is one of the largest indoor, multi-sport, training and competition complexes in the world.”
Test Your Luck:
- Go over to the Horseshoe Casino Cleveland (9 miles away) to gamble, eat, drink and have a great night! The Horseshoe Cleveland was the first casino to open up in Ohio. Head on over to press your luck! Book your stay.
Nearby Towns & Districts:
- Whether it is a date night or a night out with friends, if you are looking to enjoy a night outin Cleveland, check out the local bars and restaurants in Tremont (7.5 miles away) and Ohio City (8.8 miles away).
- Visit Downtown Cleveland‘s many “Districts”! Just east of Cleveland’s central business district lies Cleveland State University, St. Vincent Charity Hospital, and major concerts and sports games are happening in the Gateway District.
- Avon’s historical French Creek District offers a unique blend of boutiques, locally owned restaurant and businesses, and some of the best Antiquing.
- Experience the nightlife in Lakewood on Detroit Ave. Around the Corner Saloon & Café, Harry Buffalo, and Vosh Nightclub are a few.
- Stay close to your base when traveling to Cleveland Coast Guard Base (9.1 miles). At Red Roof Inn we support our troops, whether traveling on leisure, as a government contractor, on official business or as military friends and family, click here for more information on our 10% military discount. Book now.
Where to stay?
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland – Independence
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport-Middleburg Heights
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland – Westlake
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland East – Willoughby
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland – Elyria
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland – Medina
Get more out of your travel experience by staying with Red Roof! With so much to see and do, by saving money on your hotel, you can catch that Cavaliers game or buy the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame ticket.
Safe travels and happy adventures!