Located just 35 miles from Downtown Atlanta in Henry County, Locust Grove will take you away from the hustle and bustle of the big city, yet still keep you within driving distance. Locust Grove has something for everyone. History buff? The historic district is listed on the Georgia Register of Historic Places. Great shopping and dining? Historic downtown offers delicious restaurants, unique shops and Tanger Outlets. Great Experiences? You will find one-of-a-kind experiences in Locust Grove like the Train Watching Platform, Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary, the French Market & Gardner Peach Farm.
Make sure to stay with us at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove when in town to get the most out of your travel experiences with our affordable rates! Nearby attractions include:
- Atlanta Motor Speedway (13 miles) is one of the country’s top entertainment facilities for racing, concerts, family events, conventions and the Georgia State Fair. Click here for the season calendar.
Wine & Dine:
- Visit the French Market & Tavern for a mix of Southern/New Orleans cuisine, Jailhouse Brewery, the latest in Home Decor. Just 1 mile away. Also close-by is Huddle House, Captain D’s, Gabinos, Denny’s, Wendy’s, Zaxby’s, Sunrise China.
- Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary is home to thousands of animals, including bear Baloo, tiger Shere Khan, and lion Leo. See the unconditional love and care for the animals – open Tuesday through Saturday. 4.3 miles away.
- Visit Heritage Park Veterans Museum (7 mi) to see their collection of original uniforms and military memorabilia from World War I to present.
- Army Aviation Heritage Foundation (13 mi) offers narrated, patriotic flying presentations or go for a ride in a helicopter! Explore the battlefield where the Calvary Battle and Infantry Battle took place at Nash Farm Battlefield & Museum (14 mi).
- Richard Craig Park, 7.4 miles away, contains tennis courts, a playground, picnic pavilions, a community building, football fields, baseball fields, a walking/jogging track, basketball courts and more!
Theaters & Conventions:
- See a thought-provoking performance or play produced by Academy Theatre in Stockbridge, 13 mi away.
- Pay a visit to Spivey Hall, 22.8 miles away, located on the campus of Clayton State University. Featuring jazz, classical, concerts and more. Click here for the calendar of events.
- Georgia International Convention Center, 32.8 miles away, is Georgia’s second largest convention center that hosts fairs, expos, conventions, trade shoes, sporting events, and so much more. Click here for the calendar of events.
- Shop at all your favorite brand name stores with great deals at Tanger Outlets. Just .6 miles away. Click here for a full list of shopping destinations in Henry County.
Colleges & Universities:
- Visit a family member or a friend, tour the campus or catch a sporting event at Strong Rock Christian School (1.6 miles away), Clayton State University (22.8 miles away), or Gordon State College (25 miles away).
- Eagle’s Brooke Country Club, 3.8 miles away, is a beautiful golf course in metro Atlanta.
Our Red Roof hotel will provide an excellent experience at an affordable price. Our NextGen™ Design Rooms feature Love Your Linens ™ bedding, bathrooms with granite countertops, vessel sinks, and oversized walk-in showers with spa-inspired rain-flow shower heads.
ALL rooms include flat screen TV’s, free WiFi, hairdryers, irons, ironing boards, coffee, and micro-fridges. This location offers a coin laundry facility, fitness center and continental breakfast. Experience our coffee-house style coffee in the lobby.
Safe travels and happy adventures!