Plan a Fall Getaway to Birmingham, Alabama! This beautiful city is located at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and is also next to two major railroads. Birmingham offers entertainment and culture for everyone! From Arts and Museums, to great theaters, beautiful urban parks and historical adventures!
Family Fun Attractions:
- Eternal Word Television Network – watch live, listen live, or visit EWTN during your trip to Birmingham. They are the largest religious media network in the world.
- The Birmingham Zoo is Alabama’s must-see attraction. Approximately 950 animals of 230 species call the 122-acre Birmingham Zoo home, including sea lions, rhinos and endangered species from six continents. Make sure to experience fun events like Dino Discovery and ‘Zoo, Brews and Full Moon Bar-B- Que’.
- Splash and ride your way to family fun at Alabama Splash Adventure water and theme park. Action packed rides, water attractions and games will fill your day with family friendly fun.
Museums & Hall of Fames:
- The Alabama Sports Hall of Fame has over 5,000 sports artifacts on display, from BIG names like Jesse Owens, Hank Aaron, Joe Louis, Willie Mays, and Carl Lewis.
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute is a large interpretive museum that depicts the struggles of the Civil Rights Movement in the 50s and 60s. Explore our common past, learn about civil and human rights, and build a better future.
- Southern Museum of Flight is dedicated to presenting civilian, military, and experimental aircraft and memorabilia from the earliest history of powered flight.
- The Birmingham Museum of Art is also a must see!
- In need of a shopping spree during your getaway? Visit Eastwood Shopping Plaza or Brookwood Village Mall.
- Irondale, AL is a connected, vibrant community. Experience Mother Nature, shop at the boutiques and antique shops, enjoy good down-home soul food.
Event Centers & Businesses:
- The Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex (8.2 mi away) is Alabama’sentertainment and meeting destination.
- Alabama Aircraft Industries, Inc and Nucor Steel of Birmingham are both located in Irondale, AL.
Colleges & Universities
- Universities found around Birmingham include University of Alabama at Birmingham, Samford University, Herzing University and University of Alabama Birmingham! Visit a family member or a friend, attend a sporting event or explore the campus!
Nature Lovers Attractions:
- Alabama’s largest living museum, Birmingham Botanical Gardens, has more than12,000 different plants. Offering educational programs and natural beauty the Birmingham Botanical Gardens are a perfect stop on your trip. Experience natural serenity, learn more about the world around you and connect with nature. Book Now.
- Arlington Antebellum Home and Gardens is a former plantation house with 6 acres of landscaped gardens, as well as a museum.
- Perfect for mountain biking and hiking, the Oak Mountain State Park is great for outdoor enthusiasts. The Red Trail was named on the International Mountain Biking Associations list of EPIC rides.
High Octane Thrill Attractions:
- Barber Vintage Motor Sports Park features great events like the annual BarberVintage Festival. Visit the Barber Museum while you’re here!
- Experience the Talladega 500 (Oct 15, 2017). One of the most storied races in NASCAR. Enjoy all of the live entertainment and race day fun.
- Feel the thrill of NASCAR at Talladega Superspeedway.
- The Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail brings some world class courses to Alabama. Play Ross Bridge, the third longest course in the world, or Oxmoor Valley, a 54 hole facility sculpted on the peaks and valleys of the Appalachian’s.
Where to Stay:
- Experience Red Roof PLUS+, an enhanced experience with all new rooms and our most requested higher-end amenities. A completely remodeled and upgraded stay, including plank flooring and a vessel sink. Free coffee is located in the Lobby.
- Enjoy Nearby Restaurants: Whistle Stop Cafe, 0.6 mi; Hamburger Heaven, 0.7 mi; Golden Rule BBQ of Irondale, Villa Fiesta Mexican Restaurant, 0.9 mi; IHOP, Hacienda Mexican Grill, Burger King, Olive Garden and Chick-Fil-A, 1 mi away.
- Our newly-remodeled, three-story, exterior-corridor hotel has 70 spacious rooms with vinyl plank flooring and a vessel sink. This Red Roof PLUS+ hotel also features Premium Rooms with breakfast and a snack ready in your room!
- We serve a continental breakfast from 6am-9am featuring waffles, biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, and much more! Premium Rooms with breakfast and a snack ready in your room. Enjoy free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, and a pet-friendly atmosphere.
- Book now!
- When you check in to Red Roof Inn Birmingham South you can expect an affordable quality room filled with the best in amenities like free WiFi, flat screen TVs and on site fitness facilities.
- Enjoy the best amenities to help you wake up refreshed. Enjoy a hot shower in our newly renovated bathrooms, your favorite show on the flat screen TVs or a rest in our clean and comfortable beds.
- Check out our fantastic pool and take a dip. Cool off, be refreshed and get in some exercise on your stay.
- Nearby Dining: Bruster’s Ice Cream (0.2 miles), Sneaky Pete’s (0.2 miles), Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse (0.3 miles), Backyard Burgers (0.4 miles) and Subway (0.5 miles).
- Book Now!
Both of our locations are located right nearby the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport making your travel easier. With our affordable prices, you will be able to get more out of your travel experience! Don’t forget to bring your furry friend along because pets stay free!
Safe travels and happy adventures!