Visit Toledo! This city is known as the Water Recreation Capital of the Midwest because it sits right on the banks of Lake Erie and Maumee River. Perfect for boating, fishing, kayaking and more. Toledo is also know for their art, architecture, sports, and recreation . For the history buff, enjoy history, culture, and attractions in Metro Toledo – the Crossroads of America. Plan a getaway today and make sure to hit up the following attractions:
Family Fun Activities
- Looking for indoor water fun? Plan a family trip to Splash Bay Indoor Water Park! Slide down the 3 water slides, swim in the pool, or relax in the lazy river or the heated spa.
- Explore one of the top 10 zoos in all of the US right here in Toledo! The Toledo Zoo offers exhibits like the aquarium, African Savanna, the Hippoquarium, Children’s Zoo and more!
Museums & Historical Forts
- Visit Fort Meigs, the largest reconstructed wooden-walled fort in the nation. Thisfort was built to defend against the British invasion during the War of 1812. Experience dramatic accounts of the sieges, workshops and more!
- Visit the Toledo Museum of Art, internationally known, and the “City’s Cultural Heartbeat”.
- Visit the hundreds of hands-on stations at Imagination Station. Perfect for a family activity. Learn more.
- Explore The National Museum of the Great Lakes.
- Seagate Convention Center is located right in the heart of downtown Toledo. The center has 19 meeting rooms and 75,000 square feet of exhibit space, perfect for events, trade shows, and entertainment!
- Go ice skating, play on the indoor volleyball and basketball courts, enjoy a slice of pizza, watch a game or explore the pro shop for hockey at the Tam-O-Shanter Sports and Exhibition Center.
- Visit Cabela’s and find all the outdoor equipment and gear for your favorite activities you need including fishing, hunting, camping, boating and more.
- Find some of the best shopping deals or watch a movie at the rave cinemas at the Shops at Fallen Timbers.
- Shop for the latest fashion trends at Springfield Commons Shopping Center.
- Test your luck at the slot machines, table games, poker room, experience live entertainment, fine dining and more at the Hollywood Casino!
Start Your Engines
- Toledo Speedway features Automobile Racing Club of America events, National Midget and Sprint tour events, and more! Come and see one while you’re here!
- Take a day trip to go see a race at the Michigan International Speedway.
- See concerts, symphonies, musicals and more at the Stranahan Theatre , the Valentines Theatre, or The Toledo Symphony.
Arenas, Sports and Live Events!
- Visit John F. Savage Arena, home to Rocket men’s and women’s basketball.
- Visit Fifth Third Field, home to the Toledo Mud Hens.
- Watch a sporting event at the Glass Bowl Stadium, located on Toledo Universities campus.
- Watch a sporting event or concert at Huntington Center, home of Toledo Walleye Hockey.
- Toledo Botanical Garden – Here’s a FREE public, year-round garden for you and your friends and family to enjoy while you’re in Toledo – Maumee.
- Swan Creek Preserve Metropark provides a crucial feeding and resting ground for migrating birds & resident species. Scenic overlooks, a swinging bridge and playground await you.
- Explore the beautiful grounds of the Toledo Botanical Garden.
- Check out the R.A. Stranahan Arboretum found on Toledo Universities campus.
Colleges & Universities
- Visit a family member or loved one, take a tour, attend a sporting event or immerse yourself in the campus life at University of Toledo or Bowling Green State University.
Whether making a day trip of this city or spending a few nights, Red Roof is the perfect hotel to stay at. With our affordable rates, you will be able to get the most out of your travel experience and spend more on activities found within this city. Make sure to stay with us at one of the following family friendly and pet friendly properties:
Safe travels and happy adventures!