Visit Dayton, Ohio! Known as the birthplace of Aviation, Dayton is home to the Wright Brothers and the world’s largest and oldest military aviation museum. Dayton is also home to the First Four during March Madness at UD Arena. Some hidden treasures of Dayton includes world-class attractions, beautiful parks, great shopping, dining and fantastic arts and culture. Experience this amazing city today and make sure to hit up the following attractions:
- The Dayton River Corridor Classic takes runners on an often unused portion ofbeautiful trails that wind around the Great Miami River. This year’s event starts at 9am in downtown Dayton, OH at Welcome Stadium. October 8, 2017.
- The Adidas Warrior Tournament is October 14-15, 2017 in Dayton, OH.
- SCENE75 Entertainment Center – Features attractions like laser tag, blacklight mini-golf, indoor go-karts, bouncing inflatables and many more!
- Kings Island is a fun filled adventure at the largest amusement and waterpark in the Midwest! With so many exciting things to try, you’re sure to have a great time!
- Hit the lanes and strap on some bowling shoes at Poelking Marian Bowling Lanes. Then, catch a movie & grab a bag of popcorn at Huber Heights 16/Rave Motion Pictures.
- Come see a show playing at the Schuster Performing Arts Center. Look for upcoming shows during your stay in Dayton.
- Enjoy great live entertainment from big names, cover bands and local acts all in one place. The Fraze Pavilion is your headquarters for musical fun.
- Celebrating the Victoria Theatre’s 150th Anniversary! Schedule a Backstage Tour, or see a show at this historic fixture of Dayton.
- Catch live music and acts at the Rose Music Center.
Test Your luck
- Enjoy a night of drinks, great food and fun at Hollywood Gaming at Dayton Raceway. Press your luck or just enjoy the night with friends, perfect for a night out on the town.
- Book a tee time at Yankee Trace Golf Club. Voted Dayton’s best golf course and Golf Digest 4.5 star rating.
- Play a round of golf at Pipestone Golf Course.
- Enjoy Americas favorite past time without the major-league price tag at a Dayton Dragons game. The Class A minor league affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds, Dragon’s games are a great spot to see up and coming talent or just enjoy some family time. Plan out your trip to the ball park next season now!
- Get out and enjoy the fresh air at Carriage Hill Metro Park and Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park. Exercise, take the dog for a walk or just enjoy the scenery.
- Cox Arboretum is a special place for visitors to escape among trees, shrubs, specialty gardens, mature forests, prairies, a Tree Tower and a Butterfly House. See the program schedule here.
Convention Centers & Arenas
- Dayton Convention Center
- Visit the Nutter Center, home of Wright State University Basketball and many live events like Monster Jam (Sept 29th) and more – see the calendar.
- Dayton Airport Expo Center
- Hara Arena – Here’s the calendar for upcoming events to check out.
- While in Dayton, check out the National Museum of the US Air Force – Visit exhibits from World War II, the Korean War, Cold War, and many others!
- The Boonshoft Museum of Discovery – A unique and interactive museum. Explore and learn with your kids and enjoy some quality family time.
- Dayton Art Institute – Features a diverse permanent collection, world-class special exhibitions, concerts, family programs, art classes, social events and more.
- Grab an inside look from Visit Dayton of the Wright Flyer Museum. Experience the history of flight and the Wright Brothers struggles and triumphs.
- Other museums include United States Airforce Museum (USAFM), America’s Packard Museum and the Dayton International Peace Museum.
Colleges & Universities – Explore the campus, visit a loved one, attend a meeting, catch a sporting event and more at the following universities found within Dayton.
- University of Dayton
- Wright State University
- Dayton Art Institute
- Central State University
- Cedarville University
- Stay at Red Roof when traveling to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. Whethertraveling on leisure, as a government contractor, official business or military friends & family, click here for military discount information.
When in Dayton, Ohio, get the most out of your travel experience by staying with an affordable and pet-friendly Red Roof property. You can find the following Red Roof locations throughout Dayton:
Safe travels and happy adventures!