Founded in 1751, Carlisle is a treasured historic community that can be found in beautiful, south-central Pennsylvania. From their historic downtown with beautiful architecture and great boutiques, to their award- winning restaurants and downtown theater, Carlisle is a hidden gem you do not want to miss.
If you’re a big historic buff, then you will love this city! Walk the same paths as George Washington, James Wilson, Jim Thorpe and more in the historic tree-lined streets of Carlisle!
If you’re a nature lover, adventure to and explore all 18 of Carlisle’s public parks. Bike, hike, picnic and more on the beautiful park grounds.
Make sure to stay at affordable and pet-friendly Red Roof Inn Carlisle when visiting. We are onveniently located to nearby attractions including U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center, Appalachian Brewery and Cumberland County Historical Society. Whether you are visiting relatives or enjoying a fun-filled weekend at historical Carlisle, our newly renovated hotel offers the home away from home comfort that will make your stay enjoyable. Book now!
Other nearby attractions are as follows:
- A 30 minute drive will take you to the 696-acre Pine Grove Furnace State Park along the Blue Ridge Mountains. Enjoy two mountain lakes, hiking the Appalachian Trail, biking, and the Appalachian Trail Museum.
- Carlisle Country Club (.4 mi) offers swimming, fantastic dining, and of course, a great golf course!
- Carlisle Sports Emporium(0.8 mi) features arcade games, mini golf, laser tag, go-karts and more! So much fun for the whole family.
Events & Entertainment
- Carlisle Fairgrounds(4.5 mi) is home to the largest collector car and truck events as well as other events all year round! Upcoming events include the Fall Carlisle – Collector Car Swap Meet, Corral & Auction (9/27 – 10/1) and more!
- Carlisle Expo Center (4.6 mi) is the prime meeting point for events of any type! Upcoming events include the Corvettes of Carlisle from 8/21 – 8/24 and so much more!
- Cumberland County Historical Society(4.3 mi) offers 5000 square feet of exhibit installation space, with 2 temporary exhibit galleries. Explore the history of Cumberland County from its first inhabitants to present day. Book now!
Breweries & Dining
- Come taste this local draft beer at the tap room, where you can always find 10 taps rotating. Also enjoy some BBQ, cheese plates, nachos and more while visiting. Molly Pitcher Brewing Company is just 4.5 miles away.
- Enjoy John’s Diner Family Restaurant, located just in front of the hotel (show your room key envelope for 10% off!), Hoss’s Steak and Sea House (1.4 mi), Napoli Pizza (2.2 mi), Market Cross Pub and Brewery (3.9 mi), 1794 Whisky Rebellion (4 mi), DaVinci’s Italian Eatery (4.7 mi), Dickey’s Barbecue Pit (5.3 mi), Appalachian Brewing Co. (5.8 mi) and more!
- Visit a family member or a friend, explore the campus or attend an event at Dickinson College! Just 4.6 miles away. Book now!
- Silver Spring Commons(7.3 mi) Shop ’til you drop at the Silver Spring Commons. This shopping center features dining options as well as a Marshalls, Lane Bryant and more!
Nearby Airports & Medical Centers
- Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) is just 27 miles away from our location.
- Rest easy knowing that the Carlisle Regional Medical Center is just 8.4 miles away.
Don’t forget – get the most out of your travel experience by staying with us! newly renevated Red Roof Inn Carlisle offers free Wi-Fi, connecting rooms, picnic area and free daily hot continental breakfast as well as free coffee and tea in the lobby. All guest rooms include a flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, work desks, iron and ironing board. Select rooms have in-room coffee maker. Be sure to bring the family pet who can stay for free. Book now!
Safe travels and Happy Adventures!