Experience the hidden treasures of Poughkeepsie, NY! From fine dining, to historic shops, to a quaint college town, there is something for everyone in this city!
Poughkeepsie is right on the banks of the Hudson River and is nearby to Vassar College and the Culinary Institute of America, guaranteeing fantastic boutiques and fine dining. Main Mall Row, an 1870s Renaissance Revival storefront sits along Poughkeepsies Main Street and is found on the National Register of Historic Places – a definite must-see! The city is also surrounded by 22 parks and is only a short ride away from NYC on the Metro North commuter rail.
When in Poughkeepsie, stay with us at Red Roof PLUS+ Poughkeepsie, where you will discover an enhanced experience. We are located in the historic Hudson Valley near the Franklin D. Roosevelt Museum & Library, Vassar College, and Walkway over the Hudson State Historic Park. Whether traveling for business or pleasure we are close to everything the area has to offer. Book your stay now with Red Roof Plus+ Poughkeepsie.
Nearby attractions are as follows:
- While in Poughkeepsie check out a show at Bardavon Opera House (4.7 miles). Click here for the calendar of events to see what is happening while you are in town.
- Come for a concert, show, convention or event at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center (4.8 miles). Upcoming events include the Totally 80s Benefit Concert Starring Tiffany on Oct. 21!
The World’s Longest Pedestrian Bridge
- Visit the Walkway over the Hudson (7.7 miles), the longest elevated pedestrian bridge in the world at 1.28 miles long. Click here for more information on experience the walkway!
- O Positive Poughkeepsie, a festival of art, music and wellness, takes place August 4-5 on Main Street, Downtown Poughkeepsie. Empowering Communities to take control of their wellbeing! Stay with us, 9 mi away.
- Germania of Poughkeepsie Oktoberfest takes place September 8-10, 2017 at the Germania Festival Grounds! Enjoy children’s activities, dancing, singing, Munich’s finest Biers, delicious German Food, vendors and more! Red Roof PLUS+ is only 8 miles away. For a comfortable stay in a renovated hotel, at a great price, book with us.
- Hudson Valley Magazine presents Burger & Beer Bash on August 17, 2017 at Dutchess Stadium. Taste top burgers, drink great beer, meet the Chefs, enjoy live entertainment and good company. Stay with us just 9 miles away!
- Visit Splashdown Beach (7.6 miles) and experience all the thrilling waterslides, the lazy river, the Water Whirler, a monster wave pool, Shipwreck Lagoon and a beach!
- FDR Presidential Library and Museum (9.2 miles) has permanent exhibits that explain the story of Roosevelt’s presidency as well as Franklin & Eleanor Roosevelt’s relationship with the American People.
- When staying with Red Roof, visit two other pieces of history in the area: Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Site (9.7 miles) and Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site (11.2 miles).
Wine & Dine
- Not sure where to eat when staying with us? Check out Red Lobster, Umberto’s of Mamma Marisa, Five Guys Burger and Fries, and Red Robin – all under 1 mile. Then there is Olive Garden (1.8 miles) and Bonefish Grill (2.5 miles).
- There are dozens of wineries along the Hudson, ripe for visiting either on your own or with a wine trail tour group. Red Roof PLUS+ Poughkeepsie is in the heart of them all! Remember, don’t drink and drive.
Colleges & Universities
- Are you traveling to the Poughkeepsie area to check out the campus of one of the nearby colleges or universities? Stay with Red Roof Plus+ Poughkeepsie and save time on the commute! We are located near Vassar College (4.5 miles), Marist College (5.9 miles) and the world renowned Culinary Institute of America/ CIA (7.5 miles).
- Ready for a round of golf? Come out to Casperkill Golf Club, we are located less than a mile away from the course.
Make this adventure happen and spend more money on your Poughkeepsie experience by staying and saving with Red Roof. You will definitely get your moneys worth! This 100% Smoke-Free inn features rooms with spa-inspired bathrooms that include modern vessel sinks and modern design flooring, new beds by Serta, plush bedding, modern flooring, flat-screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker & hair dryer. Continental breakfast every morning! Our Premium Rooms feature breakfast and a snack ready in your room, as well as Suite rooms with extra space for relaxation. Enjoy an upgraded stay at a great price – stay with us!
Safe travels and happy adventures!