Summer is here! Summer calls for fun family adventures, especially in the sunshine state! Florida is a great place to plan a getaway with the family and the city of Tampa Bay is calling your name! This city will be sure to provide you and your family an exciting time! Whether you’re racing through the air on a heart-pounding roller coaster, or partying with pirates at the Gasparilla parade.
When going on a family adventure, stay with affordable and family friendly Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon! Kids and pets stay free with us and we are close to all the best attractions Tampa has to offer. Our location also offers an outdoor heated pool, free WiFi, flat screen TV’s, voice mail and a coin laundry facility. Enjoy coffee in the lobby, restaurants within waling distance, nearby events, sports and more. Stay with us!
Must-See nearby Attractions are as follows:
- Home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the NCAA’s South Florida Bulls is the Raymond James Stadium – 13.4 miles away. Catch a football game or another event.
- Amalie Arena (8.8 miles) offers concerts, shows & sporting events! Watch the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Tampa Bay Storm or a live show. Come see Pitbull & Enrique Iglesias (June 22nd), Paul McCartney (July 10th), Shawn Mendes (July 25th) and more.
- Only 13.1 miles away from Red Roof is the USF Sun Dome. Come check out the University of South Florida men’s or women’s basketball teams during season. See all upcoming events.
ZOOS, AQUARIUMS AND THEME PARKS
- Explore Busch Gardens! Now the largest zoo in Tampa and one of the largest zoos in North America, this attraction has not only animals, but it also has world-class coasters and live shows that you wouldn’t want to miss! Just 24 miles away
- Lowry Park Zoo (12.7 miles away) is a five-time winner of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and one of the most popular zoos in the southeastern U.S. See more than 1,200 animals through the zoo’s animal conservation and management programs.
- Go for a wild dolphin cruise, swim with the fishes, or explore the outdoor water fun zone at the Florida Aquarium! For a more relaxed visit, see the Coral Reef, Wetlands Trail, & Journey to Madagascar. Open year round! Only 9 miles away.
FAIRGROUNDS, CONVENTIONS AND AMPHITHEATERS
- Only 3.5 miles away is the Florida State Fairgrounds, home of the Florida State Fair and other events throughout the year. Enjoy artists like Chicago (July 29th), Depeche Mode (September 13th) and Florida Georgia Line with Nelly (October 3rd).
- Experience live music from your favorite artists at the Mid-Florida Credit Union Amphitheater. Don’t miss Incubus (July 8th), Rise Against (June 22nd), Sam Hunt (July 14th) Incubus (July 8th)and Styx & REO Speedwagon (July 18th).
- If you are attending an event at the Tampa Convention Center then stay with us, we are less than 9 miles away! There is always something going on at the convention center – check out the calendar of events.
- Tampa Riverwalk (8.8 mi), along these 2.4 miles of Tampa, find family fun, dining, shopping, playgrounds and more. The perfect place to take a walk through Tampa.
- Discover all that downtown Tampa has to offer. From amusement parks, to zoos and aquariums, to bars and nightlife – Tampa has it all. Just 8 miles away.
- 13 miles away is the Museum of Science and Industry! When you visit MOSI you have access to over 450 hands on activities. There’s so much to do, you could spend all day with the family exploring. Take a ride in the Meridian Shuttle, check out the space programs and see the 3D printing.
ADVENTURE AND FUN
- Come ice skating at the Ice Sports Forum while you are in town! The Ice Sports Forum is the official training facility for the Tampa Bay Lightning and Red Roof Inn is only a half mile away! Check out the calendar for public skating hours.
- The Gasparilla Pirate Festival is coming Jan 28. See the invasion of pirates, the parade, the street festival, the fireworks show, the night parade, or even run in one of the races!
- Tampa Greyhound Track, offering greyhound racing, horse racing and simulcasting, poker and more! Just 12 miles away.
- Not sure where to eat when staying with us? Check out some of these nearby restaurants: First Choice Bar-B-Que (0.6 mile), More Italian Bistro & Pizzeria, Tsunami Sushi & Hibachi Grill (2.8 miles), and Jasmine Thai (3.2 miles).
- Visiting your alma mater or a friend on campus? Save time on the commute and book with Red Roof. We are just 13 miles away from the University of South Florida.
Wow! With so much to do and see in Tampa, you and your family will never get bored! Looks like a fantastic summer vacation to me where you will make memories that you will never forget. Some added benefits of staying at Red Roof Tampa Brandon include our new Order Inn program, where guests can order delicious food for in-room delivery, our distance from the Tampa International Airport (just 16 miles away), our distance from the MacDill Air Force Base (just 15.8 miles away) and we are nearby the Tampa Cruise Pier! Make your travel to reach your family cruise adventure easy.
Safe travels and happy adventures!