Experience the all new Red Roof PLUS+ Birmingham East – Irondale, an enhanced experience with all new rooms and our most requested higher-end amenities. A completely remodeled and upgraded stay to our three-story, exterior-corridor hotel that has 70 spacious rooms with vinyl plank flooring and a vessel sink. Free Coffee in the lobby will spur your adventure when visiting the many nearby attractions like Birmingham Botanical Gardens, the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame, Meyer Planetarium, the Birmingham Zoo and more! Make sure to Stay with us and visit the must see attractions below:
- Irondale, AL (0.5 mi away from our hotel) is a connected, vibrant community. Experience Mother Nature, shop at the boutiques and antique shops, enjoy good down-home soul food.
- The Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex (8.2 mi away) is Alabama’s entertainment and meeting destination. Upcoming events include Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker December 3 and more.
- Eternal Word Television Network is down the road, 2 mi away – watch live, listen live, or visit EWTN during your stay here. They are the largest religious media network in the world.
- The Alabama Sports Hall of Fame (8.2 mi away) has over 5,000 sports artifacts on display, from BIG names like Jesse Owens, Hank Aaron, Joe Louis, Willie Mays, and Carl Lewis.
- In need of a shopping spree during your stay in Irondale? Visit Eastwood Shopping Plaza (1.7 mi away) or Brookwood Village Mall (12.8 mi away).
- The Birmingham Zoo is Alabama’s must-see attraction. Approximately 950 animals of 230 species call the 122-acre Birmingham Zoo home, including sea lions, rhinos and endangered species from six continents.
- University of Alabama at Birmingham is just 11 miles away. Visit a family member, a friend or just explore the campus!
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute (8.9 mi) is a large interpretive museum that depicts the struggles of the Civil Rights Movement in the 50s and 60s. Explore our common past, learn about civil and human rights, and build a better future.
- Alabama’s largest living museum, Birmingham Botanical Gardens, has more than 12,000 different plants (6.4 mi away).
- Arlington Antebellum Home and Gardens (11.2 mi) is a former plantation house with 6 acres of landscaped gardens, as well as a museum.
- Barber Vintage Motor Sports Park features Chump Car World Series December 10-11. Visit the Barber Museum while you’re here!
- Southern Museum of Flight (4.8 mi) is dedicated to presenting civilian, military, and experimental aircraft and memorabilia from the earliest history of powered flight.
- Birmingham Museum of Art is 8.2 miles away.
- Traveling solo or with family & friends? These restaurants have you covered: Whistle Stop Cafe, 0.6 mi; Hamburger Heaven, 0.7 mi; Golden Rule BBQ of Irondale, Villa Fiesta Mexican Restaurant, 0.9 mi; IHOP, Hacienda Mexican Grill, Burger King, Olive Garden and Chick-Fil-A, 1 mi away. Stay with us!
With so much to do and see, it is best to start your day with a hearty breakfast! We serve a continental breakfast from 6am-9am featuring waffles, biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, and much more! Premium Rooms with breakfast and a snack ready in your room. Enjoy free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, and a pet-friendly atmosphere. Book now!
Safe travels and happy adventures!