Whether you’re looking for a great outdoor getaway, fantastic cuisines, family-fun activities, performing arts and entertainment, Hartford, Connecticut has it all! Hartford is also filled with Culture! From fun, food, arts, history, style and beauty- Hartford offers what you are looking for. While in Hartford, make sure to check out these fun activities and attractions:
Concerts and Performing Arts:
- XL Center offers fantastic concerts and events year-round like Blake Shelton on 9/30.
- Make sure to attend the hottest concerts at XFINITY Center, an outdoor Amphitheater.
- The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts brings amazing shows and performances like: Disenchanted the Musical September 30-October 2nd.
Museums and Family Fun Activities:
- Visit Wadsworth Atheneum Musuemof Art or the Connecticut Science Center, which offers more than 165 thrilling hands-on exhibits! Build, design, touch, learn, race and more!
- Learn about Mark Twain, his family, their historic House at Mark Twain House and Museum.
- Lutz Children’s Museumputs learning in the hands of children!
- If you like dinosaurs, you’ll love the 200 million-year-old fossil trackway, interactive exhibits and the chance to cast your own dinosaur footprint to take home.Dinosaur State Park preserves one of the largest dinosaur track sites in North America.
- Take the Founders Bridge across theConnecticut River to row, boat, fish, hike, bike, bird watch and more! Visit the Connecticut River Museum for art, artifacts and model ships.
Trade-shows and Conventions:
- Attending a trade-show, conference, convention or event atConnecticut Convention Center? It’s in the heart of Downtown overlooking the river- a perfect location!
Colleges & Universities:
- Attending a trade-show, conference, convention or event at Connecticut Convention Center? It’s in the heart of Downtown overlooking the river- a perfect location!
- Test your luck at Foxwoods Resort Casino and Mohegan Sun Casino. Roll the dice, play some cards, pull some levers on the slot machine.
- Black Eyed Sally’s Southern Kitchen & Bar
- Agave Grill & The Tavern Downtown
- Black Bear Saloon
- Hot Tomato’s Ristorante – Italian Fare & Parkview
When in Hartford, make sure to stay at the budget-friendly and pet friendly Red Roof PLUS+ Hartford. Our location is also just .1 miles from the Hartford Station Amtrak Station, which offers easy transportation to all the best attractions around the area.
Red Roof PLUS+ Hartford adds more WOW to your stay with an enhanced experience & all new rooms with higher-end amenities. The hotel features free WiFi, elevators, interior corridors. Complimentary coffee & tea in the lobby! Check out the fantastic amenities in our newly renovated 100% Smoke-Free rooms! New, comfy Rest Suite beds by Serta, new high-end bedding, new flooring, and a large flat screen TV. Premium Rooms offer a snack ready in your room! Stay with us.
Safe travels and happy adventures!