Visit America’s fourth largest city and plan your next travel experience to Houston, Texas. Sports, museums, shopping and world-class dining – come see it for yourself. During the evening and night hours check out the nightlife on Washington Avenue. Southern hospitality meets urban chic city here. Come out and explore and see what there is for you to do in Houston.
Check out the many parks and outdoor attractions. If you are the outdoorsy adventurous type, then Houston is a must see city:
- Wet ‘n’ Wild SplashTown – Enjoy thrilling waterslides, a lazy river, a water park and more!
- Discovery Green – Enjoy kayaking, restaurants, events on the green, play fountains and more!
- Hermann Park – Explore a Japanese Garden, a cafe, pedal boats and more!
- Armand Bayou Nature Center – Reconnect with nature and explore wet lands, prairies, bayous, forests and more!
- Enjoy fun on the water such as canoeing, fishing, jet skiing, boating and more.
- If you are bringing your four-legged friend along with you, check out the many dog parks in the area.
Sports fanatics, come here any time of the year to see professional sports in action:
- Cheer on the Texans at NRG Stadium. Tailgating starts four hours before game time, so get your appetite ready and come grill out before watching some football.
- Basketball fans can cheer on the Rockets at Toyota Center.
- Baseball lovers, head over to Minute Maid Park and see the Astros in action.
- Catch a soccer game and see either the Dynamo or Dash teams compete. Live music, giveaways, food and more are all part of the pre-game tailgate.
History buffs, explore the rich culture that Houston has to offer:
- Take the architecture tour and experience the historic buildings and the past of the city.
- The Texas Independence Trail – Trace the road that led to Texas’ freedom and stop at important sites along the way.
- Bayou Bend – The Museum of Fine Arts Houston house museum for American decorative arts and paintings.
- Haunted Houston – Houston is said to be one of the most haunted destinations in the US. Explore the many old, historic buildings said to be inhibited by ghosts.
- Heritage Society Complex – Explore the outdoor, interactive historic museum that holds 9 historic structures.
There’s always something happening in the city. Check out an event while you are visiting:
- Sam Houston Race Park Food Truck Festival 9/17
- Oddball Comedy and Curiosity Festival 9/22
- ElectroLuv Fest 2016 9/24
- Bayou City Art Festival 10/8-10/9
- 33rd Annual Texian Market Days Festival 10/22.
- Plus many more festivals, concerts, and other events throughout the year.
Whether you prefer indoor or outdoor activities, sport games or museums and galleries, fine dining or casual takeout – there is something in Houston for everyone. Enjoy the mild, year-round temperatures while exploring the diversity that the city offers. Come act like a local for a few days and discover the Southern charm of Houston.
Make sure to get the most out of your travel experience by staying at one of these pet-friendly, budget friendly Red Roof Inns while in town:
- Red Roof PLUS+ Houston – Energy Corridor
- Red Roof Inn Houston – IAH Airport
- Red Roof Inn Houston – Westchase
- Red Roof Inn Houston – Brookhollow
Safe travels and happy adventures!