Seattle is an urban city with thrilling attractions and is surrounded by the natural beauty of mountains, waters, forests and more. Downtown is filled with sightseeing, shopping, arts & culture, sports and family fun. Additionally there are plenty of restaurants, wineries and breweries to enjoy. Here is a list of great attractions and events to take part in while visiting Seattle:
- Check out Pike Place Market on Saturday mornings during the summer months for
fresh and specialty foods.
- Come for the Bumbershoot Festival that is taking place September 2-4 at Seattle Center for Seattle’s celebration of music, arts and creativity!
- Baseball fans, catch a home game for the Mariners at Safeco Field.
- Football fans, CenturyLink Field is home to the Seattle Seahawks and with football season right around the corner, be sure to get tickets to a home game.
- Music lovers can head over to the KeyArena at Seattle Center of the Tacoma Dome for concerts, events and more.
- Make sure to stop at the city’s biggest attraction, the Space Needle. The Observation Deck and SpaceBase Retail Store are open every day from 10am until 9:30pm. You can also grab a bite to eat at the SkyCity restaurant while here.
- Seattle is home to the University of Washington. Visit the campus or check out the Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture that is located on the campus.
- Other museums in the area include the Seattle Art Museum and The Museum of Flight, which showcases more than 150 historic air and spacecraft exhibits.
- If you are traveling with children the Family Fun Center is the perfect attraction. There’s go-karts, bumper boats, mini golf and more to keep the kids entertained.
- Washington State Convention Center hosts trade shows, expos and more for the business traveler.
- The Port of Seattle with Alaska Cruises running throughout September for leisure travelers is a must!
Whether you are traveling solo, with family and friends, for business or for leisure, Seattle has popular attractions for everyone. From downtown Seattle, to Waterfront, Capitol Hill, Pioneer Square and more surrounding neighborhoods don’t miss out on all the excitement that Seattle has to offer. Don’t forget to stay at the budget friendly and pet friendly Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport – SEATAC while in town so you can get the most out of your travel experience.
Safe travels and happy adventures!