We are happy to announce that we have a bunch of locations being selected as 2016 Certificate of Excellence winners by consistently having great reviews on TripAdvisor! If you are looking for a great experience and a fantastic trip, stay with us at one of the winning properties listed below:
- Begin your journey to Cumberland Island National Seashore in St. Mary’s (7 mi) where you board the ferry. Arrive, visit the wilderness area, undeveloped beaches, historic sites, cultural ruins, and plant & animal communities.
- Spend a day at St. Mary’s Aquatic Center Water Park (7.4 mi away). Attractions include Splash Mountain, Orange Crush, Lap Pool, the Oasis and the Snack Shack.
- Crooked River State Park (9.6 mi away) connects generations with forests, scenic marsh views, and abundant coastal wildlife. Boat, fish, and hike the nature trails. Okefenokee Swamp Park (25 mi) transports you into a prehistoric environment, populated by living dinosaurs (alligators, carnivorous plant species, rare birds).
- Swing the club at Osprey Cove Golf Club, just 5.3 miles from our hotel. “Unspoiled, Uncrowded, Unpretentious”.
- You must try the official “state food,” the pepperoni roll. Colasessano’s World Famous Pizza and Pepperoni Buns is less than 0.5 miles away.
- The restaurant, the winery, the distillery – visit it all at Heston Farms, only 4.7 miles away! Also have some fun on the farm with courtyard concerts, festivals and more!
- Did you know that Fairmont, WV has several state parks all within distance of Red Roof? Visit Pricketts Fort State Park (9.9 miles), Valley Falls State Park (15.3 miles), and Tygart Lake State Park (20.7 miles) for some outside adventures.
- Bowling lanes, laser tag, bumper cars, climbing wall, an arcade and more! Bring the family to the Valley Worlds of Fun. Outside activities are open May through October, but indoor activities are open year round! Just 2.6 miles away.
- The Wave Pool is one of two pools of its kind in the tri-state area that offers the comfort of cool water and the chance to “ride the waves”. Flotation tubes are available to enjoy, as well as a concession stand, sand volleyball court, and a water slide. Opens for the season on Saturday, May 24. Just 5 mi away.
- Sears Centre (3 mi.): home to the NEW Windy City Bulls. Allstate Arena (20 mi.) is home to DePaul Blue Demons, Chicago Wolves. Enjoy a game or catch a concert.
- Enjoy slots & table games at the Grand Victoria Casino (9 miles away). The Casino is open daily from 8:30am-6:30 am with the area’s richest giveaways and promotions.
- Spring Valley Nature Center is free and open to the public. Get lost in nature for a few hours! Spring Valley is made up of fields, forests, marshes and streams and is less than 7 miles away!
- Arlington Park International Racecourse is 10 mi away! Don’t miss the 34th Running of the Arlington Million on Aug. 13 and check the calendar for great events.
- Shop for the latest trends at Barrington Square Mall Shopping Center (.5 miles), Woodfield Shopping Center (7.8 miles) or the Arboretum of South Barrington shopping mall (3 miles away)!
Safe travels & happy adventures!