If you love adventure, then Kentucky’s Cave Capitol is the perfect place for a getaway. Experience the beautiful nature and parks surrounding the area or go underground and experience the world inside the caverns. With so many different types of outdoor adventures, you will never get bored. This is perfect for a family vacation, solo travel or a friend getaway. Here are the top attractions to visit when in the Cave Capitol:
- At Dinosaur World, take a walk among the most feared predators as you walk through a natural setting of life-size replicas of a diverse array of dinosaurs.
- Learn the history of America’s natural cave system or take a walking tour, a belly-crawling tour or a zip line adventure at the American Cave Museum & Hidden River Cave.
- See animals like the White Bison, pythons, Silver Fox’s, dingoes, kangaroos and more at the Kentucky Down Under Adventure Zoo.
- Experience the world’s longest cave system at Mammoth Cave National Park! At the park, you can go on cave tours, surface hikes, canoeing on the Green River, picnicking, horseback riding, bicycling, camping and more.
- Onyx Cave offers its viewers beautiful cave coral, unique formations and a 40 foot column. Make sure to browse Onyx Cave Rock Shop for rocks, minerals, fossils and more.
- Historic Diamond Cavern is Kentucky’s most beautiful cave. Diamond Caverns features intricate drapery deposits lining the halls in cascades of naturally colorful calcite. Thousands of formations decorate the cathedral-like chambers.
- Cave City Convention Center hosts a variety of events, including concerts, reunions, banquets, trade shows, auctions, pageants, conferences, conventions and much more! Click here for the event calendar.
- National Corvette Museum features over 80 Corvettes, including mint classics and one-of-a-kind prototypes. Make sure to check out the Corvette Store and Corvette Café.
- Kentucky Action Park hosts major attractions like the Jesse James Riding Stables, Twin Zipline, the Alpine Slide, Go carts, cave tours, canoes, and more.
- Horse Cave KOA lies in the heart of one of the most significant cave regions on the planet and offers camping, fishing, swimming, mini golf and a playground.
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City, KY is the perfect place to stay when visiting Kentucky’s Cave Capitol. With a great location off I-65, our inn hosts amenities including a seasonal outdoor heated pool, 24 hour business center, free continental breakfast, free WiFi, and flat screen TVs. One well behaved family pet per room is welcome at no charge and children 17 and younger stay free when occupying the same room with an adult family member. Truck parking is available. Less than one mile away is a Pizza Hut, El Patron, Subway, Cracker Barrel, McDonald’s, El Mazatlan #4, and a Watermill. Click here for a full list of dining destinations.
Safe travels and happy adventures!