Red Roof celebrated National Chip and Dip day by hosting a contest. We were looking for those champion dips people brag about making on the weekends or for their favorite party or gathering. On March 23rd, we had a ton of participants bring in their delicious dips and recipes, but of course, there can only be one winner. The winning dip was the decadent Mint Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball Dip. Here is the winning dip recipe.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp mint extract
- green gel food coloring
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- animal crackers, graham crackers, chocolate or vanilla wafers to serve with
- Cream cream cheese and butter together.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Beat in extract and food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Stir in one cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of mini chocolate chips on top of a piece of plastic wrap.
- Scoop out cream cheese mixture and place on top of chocolate chips. Sprinkle top of cream cheese with more chocolate chips.
- Wrap cheese ball with plastic wrap and place in a clean bowl. Press into bowl to form the cheese ball.
- Invert onto a serving board or cake stand. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips if needed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.