Experience Arkansas’s Capital City! Not only is it one of Arkansas’s top vacation spots, but it is also among the United States most affordable cities, so you can get even more out of your travel experience. Little Rock is located on the Arkansas River and offers an exciting nightlife, great entertainment, many must-see attractions, fantastic dining and more! Make sure to explore the 15 mile long Arkansas River Trail, which contains one of the longest pedestrian and bicycle bridges in the US! For the best way to get around Little Rock and see all of the top attractions, make sure to take the River Rail Trolley, a vintage trolley that makes stops at the Verizon Arena, the Statehouse Convention Center, the River Market, Discovery Museums, and more. Here are some more of Little Rock’s must-see attractions:
- Shopping– Shop for the latest fashion trends, dine or catch a movie at McCain Mall. Click here for a full list of shopping destinations in Little Rock.
- Wild River Country Water Park– Arkansas’ largest water park, filled with slides, a lazy river, wave pool and more! The Park opens up each season at the end of May.
- Multipurpose Arenas and Entertainment Venues– Check out the Verizon Arena for concerts, sporting events, family entertainment and more. Click here for the event calendar. Check out the Barton Coliseum for the annual Arkansas State Fair in October and for events throughout the year, including trade shows, concerts, competitions and more. Click here for the event calendar.
- River Market District– This district offers great shopping, a local farmers market, delicious dining, and live music and entertainment!
- Museums– Visit the Museum of Discovery, a science, technology and natural history museum, Old State House Museum, a National Historic Landmark featuring exhibits on important events in Arkansas’ history, and Arkansas Arts Center, an art museum that also hosts live theatre productions, art classes, films and more.
- William J. Clinton Presidential Center & Park– This center consists of the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum, the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service, and the Clinton Foundation. The Center is also known to host many events, lectures and conferences throughout the year.
- Statehouse Convention Center– a large exhibition hall perfect for hosting conventions, special events, exhibitions and trade shows and more.
When planning a trip to Little Rock, make sure to stay at a family-friendly, budget-friendly and pet-friendly Red Roof Inn. Red Roof Inn North Little Rock is right by all of the top attractions and features free WiFi, Flat Screen TVs, free continental breakfast, outdoor pool & shuttle service to the airport, Clinton National Airport, which is conveniently location just 11.7 miles away from our property. All our rooms have microwave/refrigerator & hair dryer. Enjoy our complimentary coffee & tea in the Lobby. Book now!
Safe travels and happy adventures!