Oklahoma City is filled with great culture, cuisine, attractions and more. Known as the “Horse Show Capital of the World,” it’s filled with cowboy culture as well. From family fun to outdoor adventures you will always be entertained. Here is a list of must-see attractions:
- Oklahoma City Zoo– Explore the botanical garden with world-class habitats and a diverse animal collection of 1,900 species including elephants, zebras, giraffes, monkeys and more!
- Myriad Botanical Gardens– A 15 acre garden with a children’s garden, an off-leash dog park, the Park House restaurant, “splash fountains”, nature trails and more!
- Civic Center Music Hall– Enjoy performing arts, including plays, musicals, orchestra, concerts and more. Click here for the calendar of events.
- White Water Bay Water Park– A water park featuring thrill rides, slides & play pools. Fun for the whole family! Open from the end of May to the beginning of Sept each year.
- Regatta Park Landing– Located right on the Oklahoma River in the Boathouse district. Regatta Park Landing offers sunset cruises and 13 miles of bike trails. It is also adjacent to Bricktown Entertainment District.
- Bricktown– Known as the hottest entertainment and dining district. It is filled with history, tourist attractions, restaurants, shopping, and events. Click here for the calendar of events.
- Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum– Contains a memorial in honor of those who were killed and the survivors and the changes of the bombing on April 19, 1995. It also contains a museum that takes visitors through the story of those who were killed or survived the bombing as well as the aftermath.
- State Fair Park– Hosts events year-round including sporting events, trade shows, markets and more! You don’t want to miss the annual Oklahoma State Fair that happen in September. Click here for the calendar of events.
- Cox Convention Center– A multipurpose convention complex that hosts trade shows, family entertainment, plays, dances, conferences and more! Click here for the calendar of events.
- Chesapeake Energy Arena– Hosts concerts, NBA basketball (home to the NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder), world-class event and more! Click here for the event calendar.
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art– The Museum’s collection features European and American art from the nineteenth through twenty-first centuries and more!
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum– Features Western and American Indian art works and artifacts.
- Downtown Edmond– Downtown Edmond Oklahoma offers great shopping, delicious food and exciting events year-round. With over 75 shops and businesses, there is something here for everyone.
- Oklahoma State University– Visit a family member or a friend, explore the campus or catch a sporting event at Oklahoma State University.
To get the most out of your travel expereince, stay at a budget-friendly and pet friendly Red Roof. Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport is close to all the best attraction and has been recently remodeled with all new rooms featuring free WiFi, free unlimited local calls, ESPN CNN, FOX news and 3 HBO channels, data ports and clock radios. All guest rooms offer microwave & refrigerator, in-room coffee, hair dryer, iron & ironing board. Experience our complimentary coffeehouse-style coffee, tea and muffins in the lobby. Will Rogers World Airport is conveniently located just 6.6 miles away from our location. Business center services are available including photocopy and fax services. We offer a coin laundry, snack center, airport shuttle (7am – 7 pm Mon – Fri, Saturday and Sunday 10 am – 3 pm $7.00 one way) and restaurants within walking distance. Book now!
Safe travels and happy adventures!