Van Horn, Texas is a must-see for those looking for a warm weather, outdoor getaway filled with beautiful landscapes, wildlife, breathtaking night skies and tons of outdoor attractions, including the Texas Mountain Trail Region. When in Van Horn, make sure to check out the following top attractions:
- Red Rock Ranch– Take a guided driving or hiking tour to a geological marvel, Red Rock Ranch. View Precambrian outcroppings and Cambrian formations, vistas and canyons. Also view an 1880 ranch house, a western movie set and more!
- Mountain View Golf Course– A beautiful 9-hole, regulation course that is surrounded by breath-taking Mountain and desert views, indigenous wildlife, and wide-open spaces.
- Texas Mountain Trail Region– Adventure by car, horse, bike, or foot through the wild west and see breathtaking mountain views, river canyons, back roads, starry night skies and more of the untouched Texas Mountain Trail Region. Follow the historic 1960s driving route, the original “Texas Mountain Trail” to state and national parks like The Big Bend of Texas and more!
- Dining– Try local restaurants like The Cattle Company, Chuy’s Restaurant, Papa’s Pantry and more! Click here for a full list of options.
- Clark Hotel Museum– The Museum contains many artifacts reflecting the history of Van Horn and the surrounding area including an antique, large saloon style bar, mining, ranching & railroad artifacts, personal items from early pioneer families and more.
Make sure to get the most out of your outdoor adventure in Van Horn by staying at a budget friendly and Pet Friendly Red Roof Inn. At Red Roof Inn Van Horn, all guestrooms offer free WiFi, microwave & refrigerator, in-room coffee, iron & ironing board, hair dryer and work area. Free coffeehouse style coffee & tea are available in the lobby. Our non-smoking location also offers complimentary breakfast (6am – 9:30am daily), a business center and BBQ grill. Truck parking, ADA rooms with roll-in showers and connecting rooms are available. Our locations is also just 5.2 miles away from the Culberson County Airport. Book now!
Safe travels and happy adventures!