Morgan City can be found in the heart of Cajun South Louisiana and is known as the Cajun Coast. Located between New Orleans and Lafayette, Morgan City is filled with history and tradition, attractions, fantastic Cajun cuisine, arts, golfing and more! This is one charming, small town you will not want to miss out on visiting. When in town, make sure to check out these must-see attractions:
- Amelia Belle Casino– Docked riverboat casino offering slot machines, table games & poker, plus an all-you-can-eat buffet.
- Cajun Jack’s Swamp Tours – Take a tour and experience the heart of Cajun Country through the Great Atchafalaya Basin. See bayous, swamps, channels, craw-fishing and more!
- St. Mary Golf and Country Club– Plan a day of golfing at St. Mary Golf and Country Club, a beautiful 9-hole public golf course with a 36 par.
- Museums– Explore the International Petroleum Museum and experience the history of the offshore oil business and a real oilfield. Visit the Wedell-Williams Memorial Aviation Museum and learn about the legacy of Louisiana’s aviation pioneers. For more museums to visit, click here.
- Parks– There are many parks to visit around Morgan City, including Brownell Memorial Park & Carillon Tower where you can experience the various nature and plant life that grows along the edges of swamps and see one of the world’s largest cast-bell carillons, or Lake End Park for camping, trails, a pier for fishing and a marina and boat launch for boating on Lake Palourde.
- Morgan City’s historic downtown/ Main Street– Visit Morgan City’s historic district and Main Street and experience over 40 antique and specialty shops, restaurants, nightspots, City Park, and the wharf pavilion on Atchafalaya River. In the summer, make sure to attend the annual Louisiana Shrimp and Petroleum Festival. All within a nine-block area!
- Dining– Experience the fresh, local and mouth-watering Cajun cuisine that Morgan City has to offer. For a list of all the local dining options, click here!
When visiting the Cajun Coast, make sure to stay at a budget friendly and pet friendly Red Roof Inn so you can get the most out of your travel experience. Red Roof Inn Morgan City is close to all the must-see attractions and offers a flat screen TV, microwave & refrigerator, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, work desk and in-room coffee in all rooms. Their location also features an onsite bar with restaurant, an outdoor pool, a business center with a PC and printer for guest use, and a family picnic area that includes a barbeque pit. Free continental breakfast is served daily in the lobby.
Safe travels and happy adventures!