As they say in Texas, BIG things happen in Dallas and here in Dallas, Texas you can create your one-of-a-kind, memorable vacation. With big entertainment, great dining, shopping, attractions and more, you will always find something fun to do. Start the year 2016 right with a great BIG vacation. Here is a list of must-see Dallas attractions:
- Dallas World Aquarium– See sharks, rays, turtles, black footed penguins, storks and more at the Dallas World Aquarium.
- Dallas Zoo– Visit the oldest and largest zoo in Texas, home to over 2,000 animals including koalas, giraffes and more!
- Reunion Tower– A 561 ft observation tower & one of the most recognizable landmarks in Dallas. At the top, choose from 2 different restaurants & peruse the gift shop.
- Local Dining– Dallas restaurants are more than the Texan favorites of steak houses, barbecue and Tex Mex. Enjoy fresh seafood, bistros and worldly cuisines. Click here for a list of restaurants.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens– Explore 66 landscaped acres of breathtaking views consisting of trees, 19 gardens and lawns featuring fountains, sculptures, and historic mansions.
- West Village– Located in Dallas’s most dynamic neighborhood and is known as the most walk-able shopping, dining, residential and entertainment districts.
- Symphonies and Concert Halls– Watch musical performances at the outdoor Gexa Energy Pavilion, Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center, home to the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, or the Music Hall at Fair Park.
- Multipurpose Venues– Enjoy Broadway productions, music, dance, comedies, corporate events and more at the AT&T Performing Arts Center, which includes the Winspear Opera House, Wyly Theatre, Strauss Square and more, The Majestic Theatre, Bath House Cultural Center, which includes a theater, 3 gallery spaces and a museum, and the Eisemann Center.
- Big Sports & Entertainment Arenas– Enjoy big sporting events and entertainment at the American Airlines Center, home to NHL’s Dallas Stars and NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas, which hosts big sporting events and international conferences including NFL Fan Experience, NCAA Bracket Town, Mary Kay’s Annual Seminar, MegaFest and more, or Cotton Bowl, hosting big games in college football.
- Zero Gravity Amusement Park– Zero Gravity Amusement Park is a one-of-a-kind thrill park and one of the most fun things to do in Dallas! Enjoy the thrill of 5 adrenaline-pumping rides including a 16-story free-fall.
- Museums– Explore the Dallas Museum of Art, the Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance, African American Museum, Trammell & Margaret Crow Collection of Asian Art, Perot Museum of Nature and Science, Frontiers of Flight Museum, Meadows Museum, Nasher Sculpture Center and more!
- Presidential Experience– Experience the life, death and legacy of John F. Kennedy at the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza (13 miles) and the Bush Presidential Library, Museum and Bush Institute at the George W. Bust Presidental Center.
- Urban Parks– Explore Klyde Warren Park, which offers daily free programming like yoga, lectures, concerts and more, Pioneer Plaza, which honors Dallas’ cowboy past, Thanks-Giving Square, which offers a chapel, garden and museum, Trinity River Audubon Center for 5 miles of nature trails, Katy Trail, a trail linking the business district with recreational opportunities, and White Rock Lake, which features a dog park, special events, trails, museums and more.
- Dallas Arts District– Spend the day exploring the Dallas Arts District, the largest contiguous urban arts district in the nation, spanning 68 acres and 19 contiguous blocks.
- Shopping– Dallas is filled with trendy, historical and eclectic shopping destinations. Make sure to check out the Galleria for shopping, dining, ice skating and more or the Mockingbird Station for boutique and big-name stores, dining, a cinema and comedy club.
- DART Light Rail– With 65 rail stations and 13 bus transfer facilities, your DART pass is like a key to the city — putting you within steps of the places you go every day. Click here for the systems and locations maps.
When in Dallas, get the most out of your travel experience by staying with Red Roof Inn Dallas – Richardson. All rooms feature free WiFi. The Inn offers an outdoor unheated pool & Red Roof’s new “Order Inn” program where guests can order food for in-room delivery. Selected rooms offer micro-fridge units. Try the free coffee-house style coffee & tea in the lobby. The Dallas Love Field Airport is conveniently located just 13.6 miles away from the location. Plan your flight and book your stay today!
Safe travels and happy adventures!