Pensacola, Florida is the perfect destination for all you snow birds looking for a warm weather getaway. With beautiful, white sand beaches, sunny days, warm weather, great shopping, dining, and tons of entertainment, you will never want to leave this city! When in Pensacola, make sure to check out these top attractions:
- Pensacola Beach-Relax on the white sand beaches and emerald green waters of Pensacola Beach, named one of the top 25 beaches in the US on TripAdvisor. Go fishing on and explore the Pensacola Beach Gulf Pier for their dining options and shops, including Casino Beach Bar & Grill or Go Fish Gift Shop. Go Parasailing, fishing or take boat tours with Key Sailing or Reel Eazy Charter and follow the Footprints in the Sand Eco-Trail to learn about sea turtles, sea shells and more.
- Check out Sam’s Fun City & Surf City, an amusement and water park with over 20 rides and attractions or Fast Eddie’s Fun Center for water wars, go-karts, mini-golf and more!
- Pensacola Lighthouse– Climb up the 177 steps to see a spectacular view of the Gulf Coast, Pensacola Pass, Forts, skyline, Navy Yard and more.
- Cordova Mall– Shop for the latest fashion trends or enjoy fine dining at the largest and most upscale shopping center on the northwest Gulf Coast of Florida.
- Dining– Enjoy the freshest seafood at Joe Patti’s Seafood or handmade craft beers at Pensacola Bay Brewery. For a list of all the best dining in Pensacola, click here.
- Enjoy concerts, performing art performances, symphonies, dance and more at the Vinyl Music Hall or the Saenger Theatre.
- Visit Uncle Sandy’s Macaw Bird Park where you can interact with a variety of parrots and exotic birds.
- Five Flags Speedway– Check out Five Flags Speedway for thrilling auto racing! The speedway hosts Stock Car and USCS Spints racing events.
- Museums and Historical Forts- There are many museums to visit including the Pensacola National Naval Aviation Museum, the world’s largest Naval Aviation museum, the fun and interactive Pensacola Children’s Museum, historic Fort Barrancas and the Bateria de San Antonio, Pensacola Museum of Art, T.T. Wentworth, Jr. Florida State Museum, and the Historical Pensacola Museum of Commerce.
- Parks- Pay your respects at the Veterans Memorial Park, explore the rich history, beautiful trails, boating, fishing, picnicking, and more at the Pensacola Scenic Bluffs at Bay Bluffs Park or walk the boardwalks, white beaches, rolling dunes, surf, fish, swim and more at Perdido Key State Park and Beach located on Barrier Island.
- Pensacola Bay Center– Pensacola Bay Center hosts concerts, meetings, public ice skating hours, sporting events including the Ice Flyers Hockey and so much more! To find your event, click here!
- Escambia County Equestrian Center– Hosts horse shows, Rodeos, dog shows, clinics, exhibitions, festivals, concerts, and more!
- Colleges- Visit a family member, your alma mater, explore the campus, or catch a sporting event at the Pensacola Christian College or the University of West Florida.
- Marcus Pointe Golf Club– This golf course includes a challenging 18-hole golf course, practice areas and a full service restaurant called The Pointe Grille.
When in Pensacola, make sure to get the most out of your travel experience by staying at the affordable, pet friendly Red Roof Inn Pensacola West or Red Roof Inn Pensacola East. Not to mention, both Inns are conveniently located close to the Pensacola International Airport. Plan your warm weather getaway today!
Safe travels and happy adventures!