Charleston, West Virginia, the largest city and the state capital in West Virginia, is a beautiful place to visit during autumn. It is located right by the Elk and Kanawha Rivers and is filled with history and charm. When in Charleston, check out these must see attractions:
- The Charleston Civic Center: You will always be entertained at this center, which hosts a variety of events including concerts, family shows, sporting events, corporate events entertainment and much more!
- Mountain Stage: Home of live music on public radio. Each episode can be heard across radio stations and are recorded in front of a live audience. See behind the scenes of how a radio show is hosted!
- Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences: Visit the museum, art galleries, the planetarium, or catch a film and performing arts at this center.
- Visit your family and friends or catch a sporting event at one of these nearby colleges:West Virginia State University or University of Charleston
- Downtown Charleston: In Downtown Charleston, you can pay your respects at the West Virginia Veterans Memorial, find fine dining, live music, art galleries, museums, the state capital and more!
- Cultural Center: The Culture Center houses the West Virginia State Museum, which focuses on every aspect of West Virginia history, culture, art. It also houses the State Archives Library and hosts many events and festivals throughout the year.
- Magic Island: This island has beautiful walking trails, beach volleyball courts, great shopping, dining, and hosts a multitude of entertainment including sporting events, family movie nights and more!
- Charleston Town Center Mall-Shop for the latest fashion trends at the Charleston town center mall. This 3 story mall has 130 specialty stores, a food court and restaurants.
- Capital Market– A family owned seasonal outdoors farmers market and year round indoor market which sells all local and fresh meats, fruits, veggies, wines, and events throughout the year.
- Kanawha State Forest-Hike the beautiful 25 miles of nature trails open year round. You can also camp, fish, hunt, picnic or mountain bike.
When in Charleston, make sure to get the most out of your travel experience and bring your pet along for free by staying and saving at one of our nearby properties: Red Roof Inn Charleston – Kanawha City, or Red Roof Inn Charleston West – Hurricane.
Safe travels and happy adventures.