Visit North Carolina’s state capital and experience some genuine Southern hospitality with this perfect getaway destination. With so many things to do, see and experience, you will never want to leave! Here is a list of attractions to visit while in town:
- Raleigh Memorial Auditorium– This historic performing arts center has hosted many artists and performances like Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera, Disney’s The Lion King, and more! Make sure to catch a show while you are in town!
- The Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion/The Walnut Creek Amphitheatre– An outdoor amphitheater that hosts large concerts and events- great for summer activities!
- Lake Johnson Nature Park – A beautiful park with paved and unpaved trails around a lake, boat rentals, picnic areas & fishing.
- Pullen Park– The first Public Park in North Carolina that is filled with rides like the carousel, kiddie boats, a train, pedal boats and more! The park also includes a playground, art center and theater.
- JC Raulston Arboretum– A must-see,nationally acclaimed garden maintained by North Carolina State University with one of the largest collections of plants adapted for landscapes in the Southeast.
- Yates Mill-Wildlife Refuge & Agricultural– A beautiful and historic 174-acre wildlife refuge and environmental research center centered around a 18th-century water-powered gristmill.
- Clemmons Educational Forest– Hike through the beautiful forest of Pines and Hardwoods on a rolling terrain next to streams and rock formations.
- Go Ape Zip Line & Treetop Adventure – Blue Jay Point County Park –Go on an adventure high in the forest canopy! The course is made up of numerous rope ladders, a Log Swing, Spider’s Web, Tarzan swings, zip lines and more.
- Carter-Finley Stadium– This stadium is home to the NC State Wolfpack.
- PNC Arena– Catch a hockey game, Carolina Hurricanes basketball game or a concert at this arena.
- North Carolina museum of natural science– Visit the oldest and most visited museum in North Carolina and the largest museum of its kind in the Southeast. Explore the 7 floors of interactive exhibits, including exhibits of dinosaurs, dioramas, microbes, meteorites, living collections and more! Make sure to also check out the SECU Daily Planet- a 3 story tall theater!
- Marbles Kids Museum– This family-fun, interactive museum has an IMAX theater, energy exhibit, a garden, water exhibits, designing/art exhibits and more!
- North Carolina Museum of Art– Tour one of the leading art museums in the South that is filled with a permanent
collection of pieces spanning 5,000 years. View performing arts in the outdoor amphitheater, take part in a family workshop, and walk the 164 acres of the nation’s largest museum park containing beautiful works of art.
- North Carolina State University
- Duke University
- A must-see at this university is the beautiful Duke Chapel.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Get the most out of your travel experience by staying at a pet friendly and budget friendly Red Roof Inn! With the money you save, you can use it on catching a baseball game, going to a concert, going on an outdoor adventure or more! It is not about where you stay, but all about the travel experience and adventures you get to go on while on vacation. Create amazing memories and make the most out of your getaway. Here are our Raleigh locations listed below:
Safe travels and happy adventures!