The city of Commerce is a great place to go for a fun, relaxing getaway with the family. The city served as inspiration for Olive Ann Burns’ novel Cold Sassy Tree and visitors find the area as charming as the book. With shopping, restaurants and a train track down the center of town, visitors are taken back to a relaxed era. Here is a list of things to do and see while in town:
- Lake Hartwell or Lake Lanier – Plan a fun trip to the lake. There are many fun activities and adventures you can do around the lake, including canoeing, camping, swimming, hiking, biking, boating and fishing!
- Tococa Falls– View this beautiful waterfall in the North Georgia Mountains that is 186 feet high- 26 feet taller than Niagara Falls!
Family Fun Center:
- Funopolis Family Fun Center– Attractions include mini golf, bumper boats and laser tag, an arcade, go karts, climbing wall, mini bowling and more!.
- Atlanta Dragway – NHRA – Home of the NHRA and known as Georgia’s house of speed- Make sure to attend a
racing or dragster event while in town!
- Road Atlanta Raceway– A Motor sports facility that is known as the world’s best road courses that hosts professional and amateur races and a driving school. Some major events that take place here are the Petit Le Mans, Drift Atlanta and The Mitty.
- Jaemor Farms at Banks Crossing– This local family run business/market provides fresh homegrown fruits, vegetables, homemade breads & cakes, jellies, jams, preserves, and more.
- The Veggie Patch at Bouchard Farms– The Veggie Patch is filled with locally grown, organic produce for a healthy living and is a Certified Organic and Certified Naturally Grown farm in Commerce, GA.
- Tanger Outlet Mall – An outlet mall with name brand and designer factory outlet stores with great savings!
- Double Oaks Golf Club– An 18-hole, par 72, daily fee public golf course with a driving range and six sets of tees for all skill levels. Other amenities include a swimming pool and a banquet hall.
- Deer Trail Country Club– A 9-hole regulation course with the longest tee ranging 6,093 yards for a par of 72. The course rating is 68.8 with a slope rating of 119.
- Chateau Elan – Offers championship golf, a full-production winery, European health spa, dining, and more.
When in commerce, get the most out of your travel experience by staying at budget-friendly and pet friendly Red Roof Inn & Suites Commerce. Not only are all activities listed above under 25 miles from the hotel, but the Inn also has a newly remodeled outdoor pool with beautifully landscaped picnic area. All guests’ rooms are equipped with flat screen HD TV, extended cable, in-room coffee maker, mini refrigerator & microwave, hair dryer, irons & ironing board, free WiFi and free local and long distance calls within the continental United States.
Safe travels and happy adventures!