Red Roof celebrated Wellness Day on August 18, 2015 and the day was filled with fun, relaxation, tips to stay healthy, and more! Here are some of the events we got to participate in:
- We had a Blood Drive with American Red Cross. “The need for blood is constant and only volunteer donors can fulfill that need for patients in our community. Nationwide, someone needs a unit of blood every 2 to 3 seconds and most of us will need blood in our lifetime.”
- We had a blast with our Dunk Tank where we got the chance to dunk some of our Senior Management! We donated $1 to get a chance to throw and the money we raised will be going to Flying Horse Farms!
- We held an Urban Zen Yoga Class which helped us to find calm in chaos. The time to rest and restore is when you don’t have time to rest and restore. The class was designed to promote relaxation by releasing the tension we store in our muscles and was held In a quiet low-light room. The result was a substantial calming of the nervous system. Aromatherapy, Guided Breath Awareness, Simple Meditation Practices and Reiki were also all offered to coax maximum release.
A few of the other vendors who came to help us celebrate Wellness Day and Health were:
- Ascential Acupuncture with Essential Oils – Acupuncture can be used to reduce stress, pain, anxiety and more!
- Buckeye Physical Medicine & Rehab/Massage Therapist-A massage is great for reducing stress, pain and to help one relax!
- Columbus Public Health – Health Screening
- Personal Trainer
- Red Roof Benefits
Thank you to everyone and all the vendors who helped us celebrate Wellness Day!
Wishing everyone great health!