Charleston is a great place to go for some relaxation and rejuvenation. You are near the water, there is great fishing and beautiful weather. It is also a place filled with tons of history. When visiting Charleston, make sure to put these great attractions on your list of things to do:
- Fort Sumter National Monument – Take a tour of this historical base where 2 battles took place during the Civil War.
- The Hunley Submarine– Take a tour of the H. L. Hunley, a submarine that was used during the Civil War.
- Charleston Museum– Visit America’s first Museum that was founded in 1773. Learn all about the history and stories of the South Carolina Lowcountry.
- Walk the beautiful grounds and learn about the daily life, people, activities and history at the Boone Hall Plantation and Drayton Hall:
- Magnolia Plantation– Tour one of America’s oldest public gardens and one of “America’s Most Beautiful Gardens” (Travel + Leisure Magazine) filled with thousands of beautiful flowers and plants.
- Cypress Gardens – Explore the Butterfly House, Heritage Room, Swamparium (an aquarium/reptile center that hosts wild life from swamps all over the world), Swamp Boat Rides and more!
- Joesph P. Riley, Jr. Park– Catch a Baseball game at The Joe, home of the Charleston RiverDogs
- South Carolina Aquarium- Tour the South Carolina Aquarium which features 60 unique habitats, including a 385,000 gallon Great Ocean Tank! Their newest exhibit is call Shark Shallows where you can touch sharks and rays.
- Folly Beach– This relaxing, laid-back and beautiful city has wide beaches with great surfing and a community of locally-owned restaurants and shops. At this beach you can find loggerhead turtles, dolphins, bald eagles and more.
- Waterfront park– Waterfront Park is a beautiful, 12 acre park along the Cooper River. The park is a great place to picnic, as it provides a great view of the Charleston Harbor. At night, the fountains along the harbor light up, making this park a great place to go during the day and at night.
To get the most out of your travel experience, stay at the budget friendly Red Roof Inn North Charleston Coliseum. The Inn is close to all the attractions, historic downtown Charleston, and outlets for some great shopping!
Safe Travels and happy adventures!