Summer is almost over and those of you who are still looking for your great, family-fun adventure, Pigeon Forge, TN is the perfect place to go. With tons of entertainment, amusement parks, museums, attractions, and beautiful mountains to hike, you will always find something to do. Check out this list of places to visit while in Pigeon Forge:
- The Island– The Island has an abundance of shopping, dining and great entertainment including the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, the island fountain show, a ropes course, amusement park rides and more!
- The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel-This great observation Ferris Wheel is 200 feet high and provides you with an excellent view of the mountains.
- Dollywood– Visit Dollywood for its exciting Dollywood Theme Park and Dollywood’s Splash Country Water Adventure Park, nestled in the beautiful Smoky Mountains.
- Dixie Stampede– This exciting dinner show has 32 horses and riders that will entertain you with tricks, competitions, dances, music and more throughout a delicious dinner.
- WONDERWORKS– This Indoor Amusement park has over 100 hands on exhibits that are educational and a entertaining challenge for a family fun outing. Some zones include the Physical Challenge Zone, the Light and Sound Zone, Space Discovery, Imagination lab and an art gallery.
- Titanic Museum– Walk the hallways, parlors, cabins and Grand Staircase of the Titanic and view more than 400 artifacts directly from the ship and its passengers. Touch a real iceberg, 28-degree water, and try to stand on the sloping decks, experiencing Titanic first hand. Each guest will receive a boarding pass of an actual Titanic passenger or crew and at the end, you get to discover your passenger or crew’s fate in the Titanic Memorial Room where 2,208 names line this historic wall.
- Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show– Home-style dinner feast followed by a family feuding musical with dancing & comedy.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smoky’s – See thousands of fish and sea creatures, like barracudas, rays, jellyfish, octopus, moray eels and giant sharks!
- Smoky Mountain National Park – Hike the beautiful mountains and see plant life, waterfalls and maybe even a black bear!
Great places to eat:
- Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen
- Timberwood Grill
- Mama’s Farmhouse
- Alamo Steakhouse
- Bennetts Pit Bar-B-Que .
- Apple Barn