NYC is the perfect place to travel to if you want to visit a city filled with great restaurants, entertainment, tours and attractions! Here is a list of great places to explore when you are on a trip to New York:
- 30 Rockefeller Center aka GE Building– Home of NBC Studios where you can tour the sets of some of your favorite shows. You can have dinner on the 65th floor of the GE Building at a restaurant called the Rainbow Room or you can go up to the observation deck, the Top of the Rock, to get an amazing view of New York. You can also ice skate in the 30 Rock Plaza.
- Time Square– Every visitor needs to experience Time Square- all the lights, buildings, the huge advertisements, people, shops and restaurants- Time Square is filled with many things to do and see.
- Federal Hall– View a historic landmark where George Washington was inaugurated as president.
- Wall Street -Take a stroll along Wall Street, the financial district of New York City, home to the world’s two largest stock exchanges, the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ.
- Dining– Dine at themed restaurants like Ellen’s Stardust Diner– a 50’s themed diner known as the home of the future stars where the wait staff perform Broadway songs. Also, check out Jekyll’s Hyde Club Restaurant and Bar found in Time Square- a haunted restaurant with live and spooky entertainment and where the wait staff are dressed up as monsters like Frankenstein and vampires. Try Shake Shack– a chain based in New York with delicious burgers and shakes. Looking for something more upscale? Try Delmonico’s Kitchen, a delicious steakhouse.
- Madison Square Garden– Catch a basketball game, a hockey game or a concert at MSG Arena!
- Radio City Music Hall– Where many big concerts and events take place, including one of my favorite shows, America’s Got Talent!
- Central Park– Take a walk, run or carriage ride around the beautiful park! Explore the Central Park Zoo, take a ride on the carousel, see the Strawberry Fields, sit down and relax around the lake, gardens, or statues around the park.
- Empire State Building – A world famous landmark with exhibits like the Dare to Dream exhibit which talks about the history and construction of the building and an observatory on the 86th and 102nd floor where you get to see an amazing view of New York! They also have some restaurants and shops inside.
- One World Trade Center, also known as the Freedom Tower, stands 104 standard stories tall, the tallest structure in NYC, at the spot of where the original World Trade Center stood.
- 9/11 Memorial Museum– The museum commemorating the September 11th attacks and is at the location of where the Twin Towers use to stand.
- Ellis Island– Tour the island and see the Statue of Liberty. You can also view it from a distance at many other places like from the Staten Island Ferry or from Battery Park.
When visiting New York, Red Roof Inn is the perfect budget friendly place to stay at so you can get more out of your travel experience. With the money you save, you can see more attractions, go on tours, go on a shopping spree, eat at nice places and so much more. Click here to find an Inn and book your New York City adventure today!