Last week on February 24th, it was National Tortilla Chip Day! At Red Roof Inn Corporate, we hosted a Chip and Dip competition in honor of the day. Our favorite dip was a Jalapeno Popper Dip. Here is the winning recipe:
Jalapeno Popper Dip:
Ingredients (Serves 12):
7 slices bacon, diced
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onion
5 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1 cup crushed buttery round crackers
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook and stir bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Stir bacon, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, green onion, and jalapeno peppers together in a bowl; spread into a 9-inch round baking dish.
- Mix crackers, Parmesan cheese, and butter together in a bowl; spread over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until bubbly, 20 to 30 minutes.