When traveling with your pet, it is very important to plan ahead to keep you and your best friend safe and comfortable on the road. Here are some helpful tips to follow that will make your travel experience a great one:
- Pet carrier
- Bowls for food and water
- Leash or harness
- Collar with tags
- Baggies for cleanup
- Litter and litter box if traveling with your cat
- Medical records
- Ensure your pet has a proper collar with up-to-date contact information.
- Consider a first-aid kit with tweezers, gauze and antiseptic.
- Keep a health certificate and photo of your pet with you while traveling.
- Use a travel carrier or harness. It’s safest for your animal to be in a pet carrier or wearing a secured harness when traveling. Many pet-supply retails sell seat belt adapters, car seats and cargo barriers.
- Never leave your pet in the car unattended.
- Have frequent pit stops for exercise and bathroom breaks.
Remember when traveling, if you need a place to stay for the night, Red Roof Inn is a pet friendly hotel where we consider your pet part of the family and they always stay free! Don’t forget to save 15% during the month of February on your stay with us and to enter in our SPOTlight on Pet Travel Sweepstakes!
Safe travels to you and your pet!