I have many bucket lists. Some in my head, some written down. For those of you who do not know what a bucket list is, it is a list of things to do before you die. Good thing I am young because I have many many things on my lists, but as I live my life, go on adventures, and travel the world, I hope to check them off one by one. Here is a bucket list of my top ten U.S. cities I want to travel to and why:
- Atlanta, Georgia– This city is number one on my bucket list. They have The World of Coca-Cola which features the history of The Coca-Cola Company. You also get to sample 100+ Coca-Cola flavors from around the country! I myself am a Diet Coke and Cherry Coke lover. Another great attraction I look forward to seeing is Centennial Olympic Park which has the world’s largest interactive fountain featuring the Olympic Ring symbol. The site I am most looking forward to seeing though is the Georgia Aquarium! I love aquariums and this just happens to be one of the top aquariums in the world! They have sea otters, beluga whales, dolphins, penguins and whale sharks! HOW EXCITING! Not to mention that the whale shark is the largest fish on earth so that would be an amazing thing to see. They also have dolphin shows and many other cool sites and exhibits. I cannot wait for the day that I get to go visit this awesome aquarium! 🙂
- Orlando, Florida– Not only is this state known as the sunshine state, but it is also the place of Disney! I did go to Disney World when I was very young, so I do not really remember my trip. Orlando has Sea World, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and so much more! Most importantly, they have The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I am a huge Harry Potter Fan. I grew up with the books and the movies. I read the books twice and I have seen the movies a ton of times. In middle school, my friends and I put on a Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone skit for a talent show where I was Harry Potter! I went to the midnight showings for most of the movies as well and even dressed up for one of them. Needless to say it would be a dream come true to walk through Hogwarts, have a butterbeer in Hogsmead, go to Diagon Alley for school supplies or ride on the broomstick roller coasters like I am playing Quidditch. I also have done all the Harry Potter quizzes on Sporcle. Yes I am a Harry Potter nerd. I definitely cannot wait for this day. Like they say, Disney is the place where dreams come true.
- Honolulu, Hawaii– Honolulu is my tropical paradise dream city. I would love to go to Hawaii, drink a daiquiri while lying in the sun on the beach, go snorkeling to see the reefs and the tropical fish, learn to surf, go to a luau to see hula dancers and fire dancers, hike to the Manoa Falls or Nu’uanu Pali which offers panoramic views of the Koolau cliffs and is perched over a thousand feet above the Oahu coastline amid mountain peaks. I would also love to see the Halona Blowhole, which is a molten lava tube that sprays water 30 feet into the air, or the Haiku Stairs, aka the Stair Way to Heaven, which is a steel staircase made up of 4,000 steps that ascends a ridge up from the Valley of Haiku. What a great day it will be when I arrive there!
- New York City, New York-I would just love to have a weekend in NYC where I get to walk around and see all the sights, ride a ferry to Staten Island, see the Statue of Liberty, see the Empire State Building and take the elevator up to the Observation Deck to see all of New York, ride a horse and carriage or do a morning run and picnic at Central Park, walk through Time Square, and most importantly, see a Broadway Play that New York is known for! I love Broadway plays. I have seen a few at the Palace Theatre in Columbus, OH but I would love to see one in New York. A play I would absolutely love to see would be Les Miserables! I have the soundtrack so I know most of the songs! Hopefully when I visit New York, it will be one of the plays in the Theater.
- New Orleans, Louisiana– New Orleans is a place that I would love to go to, not only for the amazing city, but for all the food it is known for! I am a major foodie and New Orleans just sounds absolutely delish! Some foods I would like to try there are beignets (ben-yays), which are fried dough with tons of powdered sugar on it, gumbo with chicken, sausage, shrimp, rice and whatever else is placed in it and crawfish- I have never tried these before but I want my first time to be in New Orleans! Places I would want to visit here include Bourbon Street for the night life and clubbing, the French Quarter and Jackson Square. And yes, I would like my time in New Orleans to be during Marti Gras!
- San Francisco, California– Lucky number seven, San Francisco! Places I would want to see would be the Golden Gate Bridge and the Golden Gate Park where there are gardens, playgrounds, lakes, picnic groves, trails, and monuments. Next, I would go to Fisherman’s Wharf for the sights, culture and fresh sea food. Then Alcatraz Island to see the infamous prison- spooky! I would also like to see North Beach, best known as San Francisco’s Little Italy which is also on my bucket list of places to go to! Lastly, I would visit Alamo Square, where the Full House opening took place :). I would also have to try In-N-Out Burger of course. They do not have it in Ohio and it looks like a delicious guilty pleasure that I need to try sometime in my life.
- San Antonio, Texas– Time to get my country on in San Antonio! In this city, the first thing I would do is spend an evening at the River Walk. I would take a ride on the boat, eat by the water’s edge and go stroll down the walk window shopping. I would ‘remember the Alamo’ by checking out the Alamo Mission, the fortress where the battle took place and I would hike around the beautiful Natural Bridge Caverns and play with dolphins at Dolphin Cove in Sea World, San Antonio.
- Juneau, Alaska– Juneau the capital of Alaska? My dad use to say that to us kids, get it? It sounds like ‘do you know’! We did not get it for a while because we actually did not know the capital yet! I would love to go to Alaska to see the magnificent northern lights. I would go on beautiful hikes and finally see glaciers, waterfalls and possibly bears at hiking trails around the area, one being the Perseverance National Recreation Trail. I would also take the Mount Roberts Tramway 1,800 feet into the air going through the rain forest to the Mountain House, which offers expansive views of Juneau and Gastineau Channel. It is also one of the most vertical tramways in the world! So cool!
- Portland, Oregon– In Portland, I would have to check out the Lan Su Chinese Garden, which is an authentically built Ming Dynasty style garden that is filled with Covered walkways, bridges, pavilions and beautiful flowers. The garden’s tea-house serves traditional Chinese teas and the garden hosts a two-week Chinese New Year celebration every year and summer concerts! Of course, I would also attend the Oregon Zoo since I am an animal and zoo lover. I would have to try Voodoo Doughnut, an unusual and delicious culinary destination where the doughnuts are topped with innovative ingredients like bacon or Captain Crunch. I would check out Portland’s International Rose Test Garden, known for being the oldest official continuously operated public rose test garden in the U.S. and finally, I would go to Portland’s Japanese Garden, which is one of the most authentic Japanese gardens outside of Japan!
- Colorado Springs, Colorado– Last but not least, Colorado Springs! I would go here for the beautiful national parks and mountain-scapes like Seven Falls, Manitou Incline, Cheyenne Mountain State Park, Mount Rosa, and the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo to feed the giraffes and explore the only mountainside zoo that is at an elevation of 6,800 feet above sea level!
What is your U.S. city bucket list? I hope I gave you some great travel ideas! Remember to look for a Red Roof Inn to stay at in those cities as you are traveling to get the most out of your travel experience and vacation with our low budget rates!
Time to get up and experience the world while you can. Life is short, the world is large so start planning your trips today!
Safe travels to you all!