This title has 2 different meanings to me: 1, Vegas baby! A fun and exciting way to say YES, I am here in Vegas and I am going to work hard and play hard. 2, I actually am a Vegas baby because it is my first time here.
Not only was it my first time in Vegas, but it was my first time riding a plane since 8th grade, my first business trip and my first time gambling! What an experience to have 4 firsts in one big trip!
I am not going to lie, I had a lot of nerves and worries about going on a plane for the first time in 8 years. I was worried I would miss my flight, not find my gate, get stopped at security or lose a bag. To calm my nerves, I did end up getting to the airport the morning of the flight extra early just so I did not have to worry about any of those things. I got to my gate with no problem and my nerves turned to excitement. I was going to be on a plane going to Las Vegas! HOLY COW! I was very ready to get there. 🙂
The plane ride was 4 and a half hours long and I got a window seat. I got to see all of Columbus, Ohio lit up in the early morning from high up above. It was beautiful.
Here are some exciting things I got to see and do while in Vegas!:
- I walked through Caesars Palace (Yes, I was excited to see it because of the Hangover), It was beautiful and huge with a casino and a mall inside. The ceiling was painted to look like clouds and they had amazing statues and fountains inside the hotel.
- I ate at delicious buffets for breakfast at Planet Hollywood and lunch at MGM. The breakfast had quiches, sausage, peppers, smoothies, fruit, croissants, ham and cheese sandwiches, pancakes and everything you can imagine, while the lunch buffet had food from every country. Good thing I was doing a ton of walking and exploring to walk off all the food I ate. The MGM had the Rain Forest Cafe and the biggest casino where I felt lost while exploring it.
- I walked through the Bellagio, which was very nice and high class. The lobby ceiling was made of handmade colorful glass pieces of art by Chihuli and it also had a casino and a mall with more high-end shops inside.
- I stayed in Planet Hollywood on floor 17 and had a beautiful view of the Nevada desert and mountains.
- I saw the Mirage, Treasure Island, the Flamingo and the Bellagio fountain show, which was amazing and gave me chills. The fountains are synchronized to different songs that they had playing. When the music went through a powerful chorus, the fountains would shoot up all together, going extremely high in the air. You could hear the cannons that were shooting the water up because it was so powerful! I loved the show and I watched it both during the day and at night.
- I explored the New York, New York hotel, which had a roller coaster on the outside of it! The inside looked like a little New York City town and it had all the foods you would find there. If you haven’t realized it yet, all the hotels took on a theme and really pulled out the theme very well.
- I went through the M&M store and Hershey store where there was a ton of delicious chocolate.
- I did a lot of people watching! The amazing thing about Vegas was how diverse it was. People lined the street dressed up in show girl costumes or marvel super hero characters. Just so many people and so many things to watch and see. You get handed so many fliers and half-off show tickets and a ton of different coupons with things to do. Just people watching is an interesting thing to do in Vegas.
- During the trip, I also got to go to a Red Roof Inn Franchise conference where I got to learn more about our properties. I got to hear Kevin Scholl, our Director of Digital Marketing, give a great speech about digital marketing and social media as well!
- Finally, I got to have my first gambling experience in the Planet Hollywood casino. I mostly stuck to the slots since I do not know the rules of Poker. The casinos reminded me of an adult Dave & Busters. So many machines, games, tables, people, drinks, food, dancers- just a ton of fun things to do and see! I moved around and played a bunch of different slots. I was up a few dollars, then down more than a few, but finally I was up again and decided to be done. I did not want to get greedy and lose, especially since it is all chance.
I left Vegas a winner. Katie: 1, Vegas: 0. Until next time!
Viva Las Vegas!
And don’t forget, a Red Roof Inn is located conveniently only a mile away from the strip! A great place to stay so you can get more out of your travel experience!