Valentine’s Day is coming up! Reservations need to be made and the date needs to be planned. For those of you who need help planning the perfect date night for you and your valentine, you have come to the right place! Here is a list of ideas for you and your valentine to do together:
- Make a romantic dinner- Have a picnic in front of your fireplace or set a nice table with candles. Make sure to have wine, chocolate, champagne and roses to make the evening even more romantic. If you happen to be in a state where it is warm outside, make the picnic outside in a park and do dessert under the stars!
- Make a reservation at a nice restaurant- Maybe take her to the place where you had your first date to make it even more special or try something new and make reservations at a ‘Dine in the Dark’ restaurant. It will be an experience you won’t forget!
- Hotel Getaway- Change up your surroundings and do a little getaway at a hotel. Leave the stress of home and have the excitement of a new location! Get more out of your Valentine’s Day by staying at Red Roof Inn! Save on the room and with the money you save, use it on food, drinks, gifts or activities!
- Attend a dance class- Learn salsa dancing, ball room dancing or the fox trot!
- Attend a couples cooking class- Learn to make a gourmet meal together. It’s a fun activity that that you can always use together in the future!
- Star gazing- Bundle up in blankets and maybe bring a bottle of champagne with you. If it’s too cold outside, go to a local planetarium.
- Go on a ski trip- Ski lifts are always a great place to talk and take in a great view of the area. After a day of skiing, curl up in front of the fireplace for a romantic night.
- Ice skating- Ice skating is always a fun activity to do with your date! It is a great place to talk, race and skate around holding hands! Grab hot chocolate afterward to warm up!
- Make personalized gifts for each other- Create a scrapbook of your time together, a personalized love letter or poem. Make a photo album or a play list for your loved one. These are always the most touching gifts. Most of all, make your own card! It means more when it is from the heart and you take the time to make something.
- Wine tasting- Go to a local winery for some wine and cheese tasting. If you are not into wine, then look up local beer tastings.
- Create a treasure hunt for your partner- Incorporate places you went to when you first started dating, inside jokes, or places that are important to both of you. Create a poem/hint at each of the places that will lead them to the next place and leave a little gift like a flower or chocolates at each place.
- Take a horse and carriage ride- Bundle up in a blanket with some hot chocolate and have a romantic evening in a carriage.
- Couples pottery/painting- It is always a lot of fun to make something together with your partner that you can keep forever. Reserve a Wine and Paint Night or go to a pottery place where you can paint on mugs, bowls, jewelry boxes etc.
Red Roof Inn wishes everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day!